This baked lemon pepper salmon and broccoli recipe is an easy sheet pan dinner that’s family friendly, healthy, and flavorful – all cooked on one sheet pan with just a handful of ingredients! Ready in 30 minutes!
We love a sheet pan meal in this house and this lemon pepper salmon and broccoli is one of the current favorites!
Both the salmon and broccoli are packing bright, bold, zesty flavors thanks to the lemon juice, butter, and lemon pepper seasoning blend. The flavors just dance in your mouth and keep you wanting more!
Plus our lemon pepper salmon and broccoli sheet pan dinner is not only delicious, but it’s also packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and vitamins. Healthy for the whole family and easy, too!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Salmon – You’ll need 4 salmon filets (fresh, not frozen) that are about 1.5″ thick, with the skin on. If they are thinner than that, they’ll bake faster than the called for time in the recipe so keep that in mind.
Broccoli – I’d recommend starting with fresh, not frozen broccoli florets.
Lemon Pepper Butter Sauce – This simple and flavorful homemade sauce starts with melted butter and minced garlic! That’ll get mixed up with some lemon juice (freshly squeezed is best!) and some lemon pepper seasoning. The lemon flavors go well with the savory garlic and butter, and even better with the salmon!
Lemon Pepper Seasoning – We really love Kinder’s seasonings, but if you’re strict keto please be aware that this brand does contain sugar. Most of the lemon pepper seasoning brands will have some sugar so you may need to shop around or make your own.
Lemon – If you plan on using freshly squeezed lemon juice in the sauce you’ll need a fresh lemon. The bottled kind will work too if you don’t have it fresh.
- Salmon and broccoli with fresh lemon flavor makes for a perfectly light and nutritious meal that’ll leave you feeling good!
- You can use that lemon pepper seasoning to put a zesty twist on lots of other meats like chicken and pork chops!
- Minimal prep and easy clean up since everything cooks on one pan!
- Hello, 30 minute dinner!!
I love using this meat thermometer for making sure the meat is fully cooked! Easy for beginners & absolutely worth the low cost. Just stick it in the thickest part of the meat to check for doneness. This thermometer is also magnetic so it’s easy to store right on the side of the fridge or oven for easy access! Get it on Amazon.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Salmon and Broccoli:
- Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce – This savory sauce is pretty simple! Just add the melted butter, minced garlic, lemon juice, and lemon pepper seasoning to a small bowl and whisk together until it is well combined.
- Top – Place the salmon down the center of a sheet pan, skin side down, and brush roughly half of the sauce evenly over each of the salmon filets to coat them.
- Broccoli – Toss the broccoli in the remaining butter sauce and then arrange the broccoli around the edges of the pan.
- Bake – It should take about 18 minutes for the broccoli and salmon to cook through but that may vary depending on the thickness of the salmon filets you are using, so just keep an eye on it. When the oven baked salmon flakes easily with a fork, you are ready to go! Check it with a meat thermometer if you aren’t sure.
- Serve – We like to serve this lemon pepper salmon and broccoli topped with some parsley. And while you’ve pretty much got your main course (salmon) and side dish (broccoli) already, feel free to serve this up with some other sides like roasted asparagus, garlic butter mushrooms, or a side salad.
Don’t Overcook Your Salmon!
If your salmon filets are thinner than 1.5″ or they are skinless you’ll want to pre-roast the broccoli a bit without the salmon and then add the filets later to keep from overcooking the fish.
Lemon Pepper Seasoning:
We love all the ways that you can use lemon pepper seasoning to switch things up for weeknight dinners! Try out a few of my other lemon pepper seasoned recipes:
That is going to depend on the thickness of the salmon filets and whether or not they have the skin on them. I’d recommend cooking them with the skin on as it helps insulate the meat and keep it from drying out. I used 1.5″ thick filets and it took 18 minutes, so if you are using smaller or larger or skinless filets you’ll need to adjust the time.
The USDA recommends that cooked salmon reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees in the thickest part. Use a meat thermometer to check or pull it when it flakes easily with a fork.
As long as it was cooked safely you can keep this oven baked salmon stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days.
This popular seasoning mix can be found in just about any store from lots of different brands. Lemon pepper seasoning is generally a mix of lemon zest and black pepper, but also often with sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, and other spices.
More Keto Salmon Recipes:
- Dijon Salmon
- Air Fryer Frozen Salmon
- Salmon Piccata
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Keto Salmon Patties
- Salmon Bruschetta
- Cucumber Salmon Bites
- Creamy Tuscan Salmon
Lemon Pepper Salmon and Broccoli
- 1 ½ pounds salmon cut into 4 filets about 1 ½ inches thick
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange the salmon filets down the center of a sheet pan, skin side down. Place the broccoli florets in a mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, lemon juice, and lemon pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Spoon about half of the mixture evenly over the salmon to coat. Pour the remaining butter mixture over the broccoli and toss to coat.
- Arrange the broccoli on the sheet pan around the salmon.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until salmon is cooked through.
- Sprinkle salmon with parsley before serving.