Satisfy that pizza crazing with our CHAFFLE PIZZA! It’s so quick and simple to whip these up and, since the crust is made of chaffles, they’re super filling.
Adding to our pizza recipe collection today with this pizza chaffle!
This recipe is so simple to make, can be topped in any number of ways, and it’s ready in minutes.
Plus, the crust is made of egg and cheese so it’s got protein and fat which give it lots of ‘staying’ power. These pizza chaffles fill you up and keep you going!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Egg – We use the whole egg, but I’ve heard egg whites also work, if that’s your style.
Mozzarella Cheese – Both in the crust and on top!
Coconut Flour – just a teaspoon to bulk the dough up and give it more of a bread-like texture.
Pizza Sauce – We often use Rao’s marinara sauce here, but your favorite sugar-free sauce will be great.
Toppings – Pepperoni is our go-to, but feel free to get creative.
We use and LOVE the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. It makes the perfect 4 inch sized chaffle, which means it works great as a bread replacement too.
You may use a larger waffle iron, but you’ll need to adjust the batter to fit. Our chaffle recipes are developed for the Dash and there is always the perfect amount of batter to fit.
- Make the Chaffle – Whisk together the egg, coconut flour, and baking powder. Stir in the mozzarella. Add 1/2 the batter to a mini waffle iron for 3 minutes. Repeat with the other 1/2 of the batter.
- Top – Spread sauce on the chaffles. Top with cheese and pepperoni.
- Bake – Pop these in a hot oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
More Topping Ideas:
- Ground Beef
- Bell Peppers
More Pizza Recipes:
If you’re not feeling the mini pizza vibe I’ve got going on here, you’ll want to check out all of my pizzas made on fathead dough. Fathead is my FAVORITE crust and we think it tastes the closest to traditional wheat crust.
More chaffle recipes:
For the chaffle:
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup sugar free pizza sauce or marinara
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 6 slices pepperoni
- Plug in your mini waffle iron to preheat. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- To make the chaffle crust, add the egg, coconut flour, and baking powder to a small bowl and whisk together with a fork.
- Stir in the shredded cheese.
- Spoon half of the batter into the waffle iron and spread carefully to the edges.
- Close the waffle iron and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the waffle maker stops steaming.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- To assemble, place the cooked chaffles on a small baking sheet.
- Spread with the marinara, sprinkle with the mozzarella, and top with the pepperoni.
- Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted to your liking.
Feel free to adjust toppings to suit your tastes.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1 mini pizza
Amount Per Serving Calories 92Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 121mgSodium 310mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 6g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.