TACO PIZZA made with fathead dough! This Mexican pizza is loaded with seasoned beef, cheese sauce, and all of my favorite taco toppings! Top it off with a drizzle of your favorite taco sauce or hot sauce for the perfect touch!
Does anyone else have pizza night at least once a week?
We definitely do and we always start with fathead crust. I’ve made a whole lot of low carb pizzas and the fathead is my favorite by far!
Tacos are my favorite food of all time, so a taco pizza had to happen at some point, right?
How to make taco pizza:
This post contains affiliate links.
To start, we’ll whip up the low carb pizza crust.
It’s just a mix of egg, mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and almond flour. Super easy, basic ingredients.
Roll that dough out onto a PARCHMENT-LINED pizza pan. Don’t skip the parchment…this crust WILL STICK without it.
Bake the crust for about 10 minutes before adding your toppings.
While the crust bakes, brown some ground beef and season it with taco seasoning.
I like this Primal Palate Taco Seasoning – it contains no fillers or starches and it’s keto friendly.
You’ll also want to whip up some of my keto cheese sauce to spread over the crust and then top that off with the ground beef and some shredded cheddar.
Pop this back in the oven to finish off the crust and melt the cheese.
Now is the fun part…layer on all of your favorite taco toppings. We usually go for iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, black olives, and green onions.
I always do a light drizzle of sour cream (pop it in a baggie and snip off the corner and then squirt it on!) and a whole lot of Cholula.
What sauce for taco pizza?
We really like to use my homemade cheese sauce as the sauce for this taco pizza, but a thin layer of my keto enchilada sauce is delicious too!
Can you reheat taco pizza?
Unfortunately, if you add all of the taco toppings to this pizza, it won’t reheat well at all.
If you won’t eat the entire pizza at one meal, I recommend serving up the toppings for people to add to their individual slices.
The crust + cheese sauce + beef + cheddar will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days and reheats in the oven or microwave perfectly!
More low carb pizza recipes:
Breakfast Pizza: One of our favorites for breakfast OR dinner!
Fathead Pizza: The original recipe – we top ours with pepperoni!
Pizza Stuffed Chicken: All the flavor of pizza, none of the crust!
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza: This one is for the ranch lovers!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza: It doesn’t get much tastier than this!
Zucchini Pizza Boats: Zucchini makes a great alternative to pizza crust.
For the crust:
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup almond flour
For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20-second bursts until melted.
- Stir to combine the cheeses and then add the egg and almond flour.
- Stir well to combine.
- Place the dough on a large sheet of parchment paper. Top with a second sheet of parchment.
- Roll the dough out into a 12 inch diameter circle.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the bottom sheet with the dough on it to a pizza pan. Trim the parchment paper to fit the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- While the crust is baking, add the ground beef to a skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring often, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- Once the meat is cooked through, drain the grease and add the taco seasoning and water. Stir to coat the meat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the crust has finished baking, remove the pan from the oven and carefully flip the crust over.
- Spread the cheese sauce over the crust and top wtih the seasoned beef and grated cheddar.
- Return to the oven for 8 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the toppings evenly over the pizza.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Feel free to use whatever toppings you prefer on your tacos.
The taco seasoning linked in the ingredients list is keto-friendly with no fillers or starches.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 2 slices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 491 Total Fat: 46g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 202mg Sodium: 894mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 49g