PIZZA STUFFED CHICKEN quickly became one of the most requested recipes by my kids and I love it because it’s low carb and super easy prep. This low carb chicken recipe is ready in about 45 minutes with just a few minutes of hands on time, too!
One of my biggest struggles when I first started eating low carb was ‘WHAT DO I FEED MY FAMILY?’
I certainly didn’t have the time or desire to cook my husband and kids one meal and myself another. Plus, in the beginning, it was extra tough for me to be around all my old carb-laden favorites.
It didn’t take long before I learned to create low carb recipes that my whole family enjoyed.
This pizza stuffed chicken is one of those recipes! What kid doesn’t love pizza?!
We top ours off with pepperoni, but feel free to get creative and top with your favorite pizza toppings. The sky is the limit!
How to make pizza stuffed chicken:
To start, you’ll want to slice a little pocket into the side of your chicken breasts. Sounds complicated, but watch the video at the side of the screen to see just how easy it is!
Drizzle your cut chicken with olive or avocado oil (affiliate) and then season with a bit of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt.
Fill the pocket in the chicken breast with mozzarella and pepperoni, top the chicken with some low sugar pizza sauce, more cheese, and more pepperoni.
Bake this in the oven for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
We sprinkle our chicken with fresh parsley before serving and then we dig in.
This pizza stuffed chicken is seriously a favorite around here!
Love low carb chicken recipes?
I have a ton of low carb chicken recipes on this site that are loved by my entire family! I’ve even got a couple of ebooks available with some family favorites! Click here to shop!
Check out my keto chicken Parmesan for an easy weeknight dinner.
My avocado chicken salad and teriyaki chicken stir fry make great lunches.
And this lemon chicken recipe is a hit with dinner guests, whether they’re carb lovers or not!
- 4 chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated mozzarella, divided
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 32 slices pepperoni
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast.
- Drizzle both sides of the chicken with oil and season with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Place 1/4 cup of mozzarella in the pocket of each chicken breast. Add 4 slices of pepperoni over the cheese.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and drizzle with the pizza sauce. Spread the sauce out to cover the tops of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella. Top with the Parmesan and remaining pepperoni slices.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
Be sure to look for a no sugar added pizza sauce with 3 net carbs per 1/4 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving Calories 402Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 101mgSodium 1233mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 32g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.