Lemon garlic chicken in a creamy sauce, all made in on skillet! This low carb chicken recipe comes together in just 20 minutes!
Lately, I’ve just been obsessed with lemon.
I think it must be the weather changing and warming up outside.
Citrus just tastes like summer to me.
I’ve even started putting lemon in my water, which seems like a normal thing that people to do, but it’s completely new for me. I had never been a lemon wedge kind of girl before the last couple of weeks
So, now that I have a bowl full of lemons on my counter all the time, I figured I’d better start cooking with them!
This lemon garlic chicken is outrageously good and it’s naturally low carb and keto friendly. Love it when recipes are both healthy and packed with flavor, don’t you?
This lemon garlic chicken recipe comes together in about 20 minutes with just 2 net carbs per serving! Let’s do this!
How to make garlic lemon chicken:
You’ll want to start with thin-sliced chicken breasts. You can either purchase them already thinly sliced or you can butterfly regular chicken breasts yourself. Either works!
I season my chicken with a bit of salt and pepper and then brown them in a skillet.
Remove your chicken and deglaze the pan with some chicken stock.
Deglazing just means that you add liquid to the hot skillet you cooked your chicken in and whisk well to scrape all the browned bits up off the bottom of the pan. Don’t skip this step, because it adds a ton of flavor!
Squeeze in some lemon juice and let the liquid reduce by half over medium heat.
Stir in some butter and cream to make the sauce rich, creamy, and oh so flavorful.
Return your chicken to the pan and let it simmer in the sauce for a couple of minutes and sprinkle with fresh dill.
We like to serve this creamy lemon chicken with steamed broccoli on the side, but my loaded cauliflower casserole is tasty too!
More low carb chicken recipes you may like:
Spinach Stuffed Chicken: This one was an instant hit here on the blog and for good reason! It’s easy, healthy, and full of goodness.
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings: These wings start in the slow cooker and then crisp up under the broiler. Easy!!
Low Carb Taco Soup: This recipe includes instructions for pressure cooking and slow cooking.
Cauliflower Chicken Fried Rice: This is one that my kiddos love for a quick lunch. I start with shredded cooked chicken and the whole thing comes together so quickly!
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon dill
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large, heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until browned on each side and cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Remove chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add the chicken stock, to the pan and whisk to deglaze the pan. Add the lemon juice and garlic to the pan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Allow chicken stock to reduce by half, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the butter and cream into the chicken stock until butter has melted and mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Return chicken to the skillet and sprinkle with fresh dill. Cook for 1 minute to rewarm the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 130mgSodium: 630mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 36g