My slow cooker chicken wings recipe is beyond easy and the 2 ingredient keto BBQ sauce is going to leave you drooling! These crock pot chicken wings are good for a family dinner or as an appetizer when you want to feed a crowd!
My husband and son are straight up obsessed with chicken wings.
My son usually orders the boneless variety, but Chad always goes for the bone in version.
They both love the garlic parmesan wings from Buffalo Wild Wings, but lately my son has been on a BBQ chicken wing kick.
I knew I had to make the boys their favorite wings at home and I’m so happy with these slow cooker chicken wings! I think you’re going to LOVE this easy recipe.
But, let’s be real for a minute. I like chicken wings just fine, but for me, it’s allllll about the sauce! We have crockpot chicken wings that are coated in a homemade buffalo sauce, but thought we’d change things up and coat these guys in our favorite 2 ingredient BBQ sauce.
This sauce is something my dad used to make when I was a kid and it was always a huge hit with our family.
Not into the slow cooker? Try these air fryer frozen chicken wings instead!
Chicken Wings – You’ll find these in the frozen section of the grocery store, often labeled ‘party wings’ or ‘chicken wing sections.’
Broth – The wings will slow cook in some chicken broth to infuse them with even more flavor and tender juiciness!
Sauce – The keto BBQ sauce for these wings is simple! You’ll just mix together some Italian salad dressing with some no-sugar added ketchup. Use homemade dressing or store bought. We like Olive Garden’s dressing when using store bought.
Seasoning – You’ll coat the slow cooker chicken wings in a simple mix of salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- The slow cooker makes it so easy!
- The keto BBQ sauce is also very simple to make but full of flavor.
- Finishing the chicken wings off under the broiler ensures you have perfectly crispy skin with juicy tender chicken!
- Slow Cook – The method is simple! You’ll just grab a bag of thawed chicken wings and toss them in the slow cooker with a little broth. Sprinkle the wings with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Keto BBQ Sauce – You won’t believe how easy it is to make low carb BBQ sauce. You just need two ingredients that you probably already have in your house right now! Reduced sugar or sugar free ketchup + bottled Italian salad dressing! I know it sounds totally weird, but just wait. The sweet ketchup paired with the tangy Italian dressing makes…keto barbecue sauce! Like magic! Prepare the sauce just before or soon after the chicken finishes slow cooking.
- Broil – The wings should be just on the verge of falling off the bone when you pull them from the crockpot. The skin will be rubbery and you’ll definitely be a little nervous when you pull these from the slow cooker, but trust the process. A couple minutes under the broiler will create perfectly crispy skin! Brush the wings with the keto BBQ sauce and then broil them on a cookie sheet for a couple of minutes until the skin is crispy and the sauce caramelizes! You may need to work in batches.
- Serve – These slow cooker BBQ chicken wings are best enjoyed hot and crispy fresh from the broiler. They should be perfectly tender and juicy after slow cooking in the chicken broth, and the simple low carb BBQ sauce nice and caramelized from the broiler. I like to dip my BBQ chicken wings in keto ranch dressing. What will you dip yours in?
Sauces for Slow Cooker Wings:
We’re using our 2 ingredient BBQ sauce made of sugar free ketchup and bottled Italian dressing here, but you can mix it up with loads of different sauces!
Toss your chicken wings in:
- Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- Buffalo Sauce
- Bottled BBQ sauce
- Garlic Butter
For dipping, we always recommend our keto ranch dressing – it’s seriously the best!
Yes, they should last for up to four days in the refrigerator as long as they are in a sealed container. They’ll reheat best in a hot oven or air fryer.
I haven’t tried it with this recipe but if you don’t have a broiler I think it would be a good way to get the skin nice and crispy. Brush with the sauce and cook at 400 degrees for 5 minutes or until the sauce has caramelized and the skin has crisped up.
They are the flats, which are the flat looking pieces, and the drumettes which look like tiny chicken legs (drumsticks).
If you have frozen chicken wings and don’t have the time to thaw them, you can go ahead and just add them to the slow cooker frozen. It will take longer for the wings to cook through, but just keep cooking until they are tender and the meat is fully cooked.
MORE LOW CARB CHICKEN RECIPES!
- Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Baked Chicken Drumsticks
- Cheesy Chicken Low Carb Casserole
- Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 4 pounds chicken wing pieces, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced sugar ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- Add the chicken wing pieces to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add the chicken broth and cover.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and 30 minutes. All slow cookers vary a bit, so test for doneness and continue cooking if necessary.
- Remove the fully cooked chicken from the slow cooker and place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place chicken under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to allow skin to crisp. Keep a close eye on the chicken as it can burn easily.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup and Italian salad dressing until smooth. Brush mixture evenly among the chicken pieces.
- Place the coated chicken under the broiler and watch carefully for the sauce to caramelize, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
For extra saucy wings, double the ketchup and Italian dressing.
Serve with keto ranch dressing and extra BBQ sauce for dipping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 495Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 256mgSodium: 495mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 43g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.