I feel like I’ve been so exhausted lately and I’ve finally narrowed it down to why…
Our dang dog.
We adopted a big goofy guy towards the end of summer and he is insanely playful and a little weird. Our other dog is 7 now so she’s mellowed out so much. This guy is 2 and he’s very much still a puppy.
He wakes me up just about every night with random barking. For 2 months now.
Someone make it stop.
Anyway, I’m exhausted all the time, probably from the barking, the playing, and the constant clean up of destroyed dog toys. I swear, he’s worse than a toddler.
All this exhaustion has led to me being on a big slow cooker kick lately. I’m honestly not sure why I haven’t used the slow cooker more often. Is there anything more convenient than tossing a bunch of ingredients in a pot and walking away.
These slow cooker chicken fajitas are beyond easy and so flavorful. I add in a brick of cream cheese to make them a bit creamier and more decadent.
You’re going to love this easy chicken fajitas recipe!
How to make chicken fajitas:
You’re going to need chicken breasts, bell peppers, onion, garlic, salsa, cream cheese, and a couple of spices for these crockpot chicken fajitas. Nothing too difficult!
Slice the bell pepper and onion into thin strips, like you would for traditional fajitas.
Toss everything right into the slow cooker and cover.
Cook this on low for 6 hours or high for 3 hours, depending on your slow cooker. Every crockpot cooks a bit different, so be sure to just keep an eye on these. When the chicken shreds easily with a fork, it’s done!
I like to serve these crockpot chicken fajitas over my cilantro lime cauliflower rice to create a low carb burrito bowl. You could also pop them in a lettuce wrap or low carb tortilla, if you prefer.
More low carb chicken recipes you’ll love:
Stuffed Chicken Breast: The most popular recipe on my blog and it gets rave reviews!
Chicken Taco Soup: I could eat this every day!
Lemon Chicken: I could drink the creamy sauce that coats this chicken!
Chicken Casserole: A healthy casserole? You bet!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup prepared salsa, jarred or homemade
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 onion
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice, for serving
- Add the chicken breasts, cream cheese, salsa, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Slice the bell peppers and onion into strips and add to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and shreds easily.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and and squeeze the lime over the fajitas.
- Stir well to combine the mixture.
- Spoon the fajitas over prepared cauliflower rice and top with any additional toppings you like, such as avocado, cheese, and sour cream.
- Serve hot.
Every slow cooker cooks differently and yours might run hotter or colder than mine. Adjust the cooking time as needed and cook chicken until it easily shreds with a fork.
Nutrition information does not include cauliflower rice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1/6th
Amount Per Serving Calories 276Total Fat 17gSodium 827mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 3gProtein 25g