Our Broccoli Stuffed Chicken recipe is sure to become a family favorite. The filling is creamy, cheesy, and loaded with tender bits of broccoli, the chicken bakes up so juicy, and we wrap the whole thing in bacon!
It’s back to school season and I’m over here like, NOPE.
We’ve always homeschooled our kids, so I’m not one of the moms that gets to wave goodbye at a bus and then go about my day sans kids. Which is nice…I mean, I like my kids.
But, man. They are around A LOT. 😉
Anyway, it’s hectic around here, which is why I’m allllll about the simple dinners that fill tummies and keep people smiling. There is nothing worse than listening to kids complain about dinner.
This broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken is a hit every time. I took my broccoli casserole and changed things up slightly to make it work as a filling for chicken breasts. Seriously good and oh so cheesy.
Plus, the kids don’t really even notice the broccoli because they’re ogling the bacon. That trick works on the husband too, FYI. 😉
Broccoli cheese stuffed chicken for the weeknight win!
- Prepare the Chicken: Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and grab a sharp knife. Place one hand flat on the chicken breast to hold it steady and use the other hand to slice a deep pocket into the side of the chicken. Do not cut all the way through. This the pocket where you’re filling will go.
- Season the Chicken: Combine the garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Drizzle the chicken with oil. Sprinkle seasoning over the chicken and rub it in to coat.
- Make the Filling: Add the cream cheese, mayo, Parmesan, garlic, and salt to a mixing bowl and stir until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chopped broccoli.
- Stuff the Chicken: Spoon the filling into each chicken breast, making sure to press it all the way inside the opening.
- Wrap in Bacon: Take strips of bacon and wrap them around each chicken breast.
- Bake: Bake the chicken in a hot oven for about 30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees.
I use fresh raw broccoli in this recipe. It cooks in the oven, so no need to first steam it. I have not tried this with frozen broccoli, however it may work.
I’ve only tried this recipe with the cream cheese so I can’t recommend another substitute. Readers have tried Greek yogurt and ricotta cheese as a sub, and said they worked well.
This recipe should freeze perfectly. Freeze, unbaked, and thaw overnight in the fridge before baking as directed.
More chicken recipes you might like:
Spinach Stuffed Chicken: This chicken recipe is a reader favorite!
Air Fryer Chicken Legs: The kids are obsessed with these!
Lemon Chicken: The simple sauce is bursting with flavor!
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken: This one is even simpler and oh so good!
Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas: Serve these over cauliflower rice.
What to Serve with Broccoli Stuffed Chicken:
Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts about 5 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ¼ cup chopped broccoli
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket into the side of each chicken breast. Drizzle chicken with olive oil.
- Add the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder to a small bowl and stir to combine. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Add cream cheese, Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, and remaining ½ teaspoon of salt to a small mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Stir in the broccoli.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each chicken breast evenly.
- Slice each piece of bacon in half and wrap each piece of chicken with 2 pieces of bacon.
- Place the chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place pan under the broiler to crisp the bacon more, if desired.