We’ve been in a major side dish rut over here lately. I feel like I serve up steamed broccoli every night of the week and, while we all love broccoli, I think it’s time we give some new dishes a try.
This green bean almondine recipe was an instant hit with my kids. They love the tangy lemon paired with the green beans!
This really is easy to make, and bonus points: It looks, sounds, and tastes like it comes from a fancy restaurant. How’s that for a dinner win?
How to make this green beans almondine recipe:
To start, you’ll need a pound of fresh trimmed green beans.
Pop those in a bit of water and bring to a boil. Cover and let cook for a few minutes until the beans are as tender as you’d like. We like to leave them just a bit crunchy, but cook however you’d like!
Drain the green beans and place them in a serving dish.
Return the pan to the heat and add in a pat of butter and let it melt.
Stir in some minced garlic and sliced almonds and cook those for just a minute or two, until the garlic is nice and fragrant.
Remove from the heat and squeeze in some fresh lemon juice.
Pour that mixture right over your green beans and dig in!
These green beans are so flavorful!
What does ‘almondine’ mean?
It just means that the dish is served with a garnish of almonds! Fancy, right? 😉
It’s traditionally spelled ‘amandine,’ but here in America we say almondine.
Can green beans almondine be made ahead of time?
Yes! Go ahead and prepare the green beans until cooked to your liking and then store them in the fridge.
When you’re ready to eat, add 2 tablespoons of water to a skillet along with the green beans, and heat over medium heat with a lid on until the beans are hot.
Remove the beans and finish off the recipe making the lemon garlic sauce. Easy peasy!
What to serve with green beans almondine:
Steak Bites: These little bits of steak are marinaded until nice and flavorful!
Pork Tenderloin: It’s topped off with garlic butter!
Stuffed Chicken Breast: This recipe gets such good reviews!
Baked Cod: This recipe makes it easy to add more fish to your diet!
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Add the green beans to a deep skillet or sauce pan over medium heat. Add just enough water to almost cover the green beans.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on how tender you like your green beans.
- Drain water and place green beans in serving dish. Return pan to the stove.
- Add the butter to the pan and melt over medium heat.
- Stir in the garlic and almonds and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the almond mixture over the green beans and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat green beans.
- Serve hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 108 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 319mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 3g