This KETO QUESO DIP is the perfect snack! We serve it up with all kinds of low carb options (keep reading for ideas!), and we love to drizzle it over low carb burrito bowls and tacos!
Here I am again, with more Mexican inspired goodness!
Can’t stop, won’t stop.
This low carb queso is smooth, creamy, and incredibly cheesy! It’s easy to customize – make it more or less spicy, skip the onions, etc.
Once you have the basic cheese sauce ratio down, you can really make this dip however you like!
Melt some butter in a skillet and then stir in some onion, jalapeno, and cumin.
Once the veggies have softened up, add in a block of cream cheese along with some cream and water. Let them melt together and get nice and creamy.
Stir in some cheddar and Monterey jack. We prefer to shred our own cheese – it melts more smoothly because it doesn’t have any starch on the cheese to keep it from sticking.
Once the cheese is smooth and melted, we like to top our queso off with a bit of pico de gallo. Store bought is fine or you can make your own. Shall I share my recipe for that too? 🙂
A big scoop of guacamole would also be tasty!
What to dip in low carb queso dip:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips (see below)
- Keto Zucchini Fries
- Pork Rinds
- Quest Chips
- Low Carb Crackers
- Celery Sticks
- Cucumber Slices
- Mini Peppers
- Cauliflower Tots
- Mexican Meatballs
To make low carb tortilla chips, start with a couple of low carb flour tortillas. Cut into triangles using a pizza cutter, spritz with oil spray, sprinkle with salt, and bake until crispy!
More low carb snacks:
- Bacon Cheeseburger Bombs
- Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- Keto Veggie Dip
- Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Spinach Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Not in the mood to cook? I feel you.
I rounded up some of the best low carb snacks to buy and compiled them into one easy list!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar
- 4 ounces shredded Monterey jack
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion, jalapeno, and cumin and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, and water to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the cream cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the shredded cheese a handful at a time, whisking constantly, until all of the cheese has been added and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Add additional water as desired to reach the consistency you prefer.
We like to top our queso with pico de gallo before serving.
You can add extra jalapeno to make this spicier or skip it altogether to keep it more mild.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1/4 cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 298Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 82mgSodium 523mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 10g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.