These JALAPENO POPPER MEATBALLS have quickly become a favorite snack in our house. They’re easy to make since they’re baked in the oven in just about 15 minutes and they’re perfectly poppable!
I’m back at it with another low carb meatball recipe for you!
I mentioned awhile ago that I just love meatballs. They’re fun to make, they’re always a hit, and they can be either a quick dinner, an easy snack, or a fun party food.
These spicy meatballs are filled with jalapenos, cream cheese, and a bit of crumbled bacon. So good!
I think you’re going to love these jalapeno popper meatballs!
How to make these spicy meatballs:
We’re using ground turkey or chicken for these meatballs. Either work and I can honestly never taste a difference between the two, so grab whatever is easiest to find for you.
Add your ground turkey to a mixing bowl along with some crushed pork rinds, powdered or shredded Parmesan cheese, crumbled bacon, soft cream cheese, minced jalapeno, and a few spices.
Use your hands or a wooden spoon to stir all of this together until nicely combined.
I like to use a large cookie scoop to portion out my meatballs – it ensures that the meatballs are all the same size, it’s super easy to use, and I have multiple of them in my kitchen drawer. Yes, I use cookie scoops so often that I have multiple of each size! Grab one here with my affiliate link.
These meatballs bake at 500 degrees in about 13 minutes. Easy peasy!
Look at the flecks of jalapeno and bacon in there! Don’t you just want to pop one right in your mouth?
You can serve these up for dinner along with a side of my cauliflower mac and cheese or serve them with toothpicks at your next party!
Either way, they’re totally delicious and always a hit.
Feel free to add more or less jalapeno to make them as spicy as you’d like. Removing the seeds from the jalapeno will also cut down on the spice.
Love this spicy meatball recipe? Try these too:
For snacks or appetizers, these chicken meatballs seasoned with cheddar, bacon, and ranch are always a hit.
Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- ¼ cup finely crushed pork rinds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 4 slices bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup minced jalapeno more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine well with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out 12 evenly sized meatballs and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve meatballs with homemade ranch dressing for dipping, if desired.