This keto jalapeno popper casserole is a creamy, cheesy dish loaded with shredded chicken, bacon, and jalapenos.
Jalapeno Popper Dip is one of my favorite foods on the planet…creamy, cheesy, and spicy all at once. Sign me up for seconds. 😉
So, we figured it was high time we turned that beloved dip into a casserole and here we are with this keto jalapeno popper chicken casserole recipe. Loaded with all of the things I love about the dip, but turned into dinner.
Plus, we tossed in some cauliflower to bulk this up and make it a bit healthier!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cauliflower – Fresh is best, in our opinion. Chop a head of cauliflower into macaroni sized pieces for this recipe.
Chicken – Some cooked, shredded chicken is just the sort of thing we make ahead of time to keep on hand for recipes like this! Check out this easy crockpot shredded chicken recipe if you need some tips on pre-cooking the chicken. A rotisserie chicken would work too!
Jalapenos – For a more mild dish, remove the seeds and membranes from your peppers before chopping. For extra spice, leave them in.
Cheese Mix – This keto jalapeno popper casserole is loaded up with lots of cheesy flavor! You’ll make a cream cheese mixture with some heavy cream and chicken broth, and also pile on shredded cheddar cheese before baking!
Bacon – Crispy fried bacon is the perfect topping for this casserole.
This is reminiscent of our favorite jalapeno popper dip, but it’s been turned it a full meal.
This is great for meal prep! Portion it into containers and reheat all week long for lunch.
It’s easy to make this extra spicy (leave in the seeds and add cayenne) or tone it down (remove the pepper seeds or use a jar of tamed jalapenos instead of fresh).
How To Make Jalapeno Popper Casserole:
Cauliflower – Chop the cauliflower into macaroni sized pieces and boil for 4 minutes. Drain well and add to a mixing bowl with the chicken.
Jalapeno Cream Cheese – Dice up the peppers and add them to a bowl with with the softened cream cheese, heavy cream, and chicken broth. Pour the cream cheese sauce over the chicken and cauliflower and stir to combine.
Bake – Add the casserole to a 9×9 baking dish and top with cheddar and bacon. Bake for 20 minutes.
Serve – Serve your jalapeno popper chicken casserole while hot. It’s delicious with a side salad drizzled in our keto ranch dressing.
Too spicy, or not spicy enough? Spicy doesn’t mean the same thing to everyone, so feel free to adjust the amount of jalapeno that you use in this recipe. A sprinkle of cayenne will add extra spice too!
You can keep this jalapeno popper casserole recipe stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave.
This dish is a bit spicy thanks to the jalapenos, but it’s easy to make it more mild by removing the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos or using pickled jalapenos instead of fresh. To make the dish more spicy, leave the seeds and membranes in and sprinkle in some cayenne pepper.
More Low Carb Jalapeno Recipes:
- Keto Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Popper Meatballs
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Keto Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 jalapeno peppers diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled fried bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces, about the size of macaroni noodles. Alternatively, rice the cauliflower.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water from the cauliflower and place in a large bowl with the chicken.
- In a small bowl stir together the cream cheese, heavy cream, chicken broth, jalapenos, and seasonings.
- Stir the cream cheese mixture into the cauliflower and chicken to combine. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar and crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot.