This KETO BUFFALO CHICKEN CASSEROLE starts off with a cheesy cauliflower base and then gets buffalo chicken stirred right in. We bake this until it’s hot and bubbly and then drizzle with a bit more buffalo sauce and ranch dressing.
A few of my favorite restaurants have a buffalo chicken mac and cheese on the menu and I have to admit…I want it every time.
I decided to make my own version and I knew just the place to start!
My cauliflower mac and cheese is a favorite here with readers and in my home with family, so I knew it’d be the perfect base for this buffalo chicken casserole.
All the cheesy goodness of mac and cheese, spicy chicken, and a hefty drizzle of keto ranch dressing.
Yes, you can totally use blue cheese, if that’s your thing. I’ll always be TEAM RANCH myself. 😉
Start with fresh cauliflower. Frozen riced cauliflower may work, but I always recommend using fresh because the flavor and texture are just a million times better.
Chop the cauliflower into small, macaroni-sized pieces.
Boil the cauliflower, drain, and then add in your buffalo sauce, cream, cheese, and seasonings. Stir that up until it’s all melty and irresistible.
Toss some cooked, chopped or shredded chicken with buffalo sauce and stir that right into the cauliflower.
We like to use a rotisserie chicken to keep this easy.
Spread this mixture into a casserole dish and bake until it’s hot and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
We top this off with an extra drizzle of buffalo sauce, ranch or blue cheese dressing, and a sprinkling of green onions.
As written, the recipe definitely has a kick, but it’s still on the mild side.
You can reduce the amount of buffalo sauce used in the cheese sauce or on the chicken to make this more mild.
To make this dish more spicy, use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce instead of buffalo wing sauce or add in a little dried cayenne pepper.
Probably, but I haven’t tested it. Fresh produce will always taste better and have a better texture than frozen, so I recommend using fresh cauliflower.
Most grocery stores carry already chopped cauliflower in the produce section.
Cauliflower, contrary to popular belief, does contain carbs. It also has a lot of fiber to balance it out. The carbs in this recipe come mostly from the cauliflower, but also from the cream and cheese.
More recipes like this:
- Keto Buffalo Chicken
- Keto Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
This buffalo chicken casserole starts off with cheesy cauliflower and then gets a spicy buffalo chicken stirred right in before baking. If you like buffalo chicken, this low carb version will be a big hit!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- ½ cup buffalo sauce, divided
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup grated monterey jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces, about the size of macaroni noodles.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and boil for 4 minutes.
- Drain the water and return the cauliflower to the pot over low heat.
- Add ¼ cup of buffalo sauce, cream, cream cheese, cheddar, Monterey jack, salt, and pepper and stir well until the cheese has melted fully, about 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and remaining buffalo sauce to a small bowl and toss to coat. Combine with the cauliflower mixture.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing before serving.
I normally purchase already chopped cauliflower in the produce section of the grocery store. A 1 pound bag is perfect for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 489Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 1473mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 29g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
Leave a Review