Spicy, cheesy, low carb, and full of protein! These BUFFALO CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BOATS satisfy my craving for wings while packing in some veggies.
Buffalo sauce and ranch dressing are just two of my favorite things on this planet.
I know, I know…blue cheese is supposed to be served with buffalo chicken, but I’m a ranch girl all the way.
(Have you tried my keto ranch dressing? Seriously the best – and I know ranch!)
We’ve made quite a few buffalo chicken recipes over the years (see my keto buffalo chicken dip and keto buffalo chicken casserole!), but we had another craving along with a pile of zucchini to use up.
Zucchini – You’ll halve them, hollow them out, and stuff them.
Chicken – We like to use cooked, shredded chicken for this recipe, but you could also brown up some ground chicken.
Wing Sauce – Go as spicy or as mild as you like.
Ranch Seasoning – This is the dry mix you’d use to make dip or dressing. Use store bought or make your own!
Cheese – We’re using a mix of cheddar and monterey jack.
Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing – Use whichever you prefer. Just drizzle it over the top before serving.
We want our zucchini to be nice and tender, so we give it a roast on it’s own before stuffing it.
Prep the Zucchini: To prep the zucchini, you’ll want to slice it in half from root to tip and then use a spoon to hollow out the insides. You can save the flesh for another recipe or discard it.
Roast the zucchini for about 20 minutes to get it started.
Make the Filling: While the zucchini is cooking, start on the filling by adding the chicken, wing sauce, ranch seasoning, and half of the cheese to a mixing bowl.
Stir that all together to combine.
Fill the Zucchini: Spoon the filling evenly between all of your zucchini boats. Top them off with the remaining cheese.
Bake: These will bake for another 15 minutes to finish cooking the zucchini and heat up the filling.
Serve: Sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with your choice of dressing before serving.
Like it extra hot? Serve with additional wing sauce drizzle over the top!
Leftovers should keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days.
We reheat in the microwave. The zucchini will release a bit of liquid, but just pat it away and serve!
More zucchini recipes to try:
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- ½ cup wing sauce
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack, divided
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop the centers out of the zucchini. Discard the scooped out zucchini or save for another use. Brush the shells with 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Place the zucchini on a rimmed sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the zucchini bakes, add the chicken, wing sauce, ranch seasoning, green onions, half of the cheddar, and half of the Monterey jack to a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the filling evenly between the cooked zucchini and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the filling is hot.
- Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese before serving.
You may add cayenne to the chicken mixture to add more spice, if you like it extra hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 388mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.