SAUTEED ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH is a quick and easy side dish that is full of flavor and low in carbs! It’s a healthy side dish that goes well with just about any protein.
Like many kids, my daughter is a bit picky about which vegetables she’ll eat.
Her favorites are broccoli and zucchini, so I’m always coming up with new ways to serve those two green veggies.This sauteed squash and zucchini is such an easy side and it’s perfect for summer when your garden is just overflowing with zucchini, squash, and fresh garden tomatoes. Summer side dish perfection – of course, it’s good all year, too. 🙂
I love how easy this sauteed zucchini and squash and I think you will too!
How to make sauteed squash and zucchini:
For this recipe, you’ll need a couple of zucchini and summer squash, an onion, tomato, garlic, and some seasonings.
Chop the zucchini and squash into bite-sized pieces. I like to quarter the squash length-wise and then chop into 1 inch thick pieces.
Heat some olive or avocado oil (affiliate link) in a large heavy-bottomed skillet and then toss in some onion and cook until the onion is starting to soften.
Add in your chopped zucchini and squash and cook for 5 more minutes.
Next up, you’ll stir in the tomatoes, minced garlic and dried basil, salt, and pepper. Keep cooking until the squash is nice and tender, about 5 more minutes.
I like to sprinkle fresh parsley over the top, but fresh basil is nice too.
This sauteed zucchini is ready in about 15 minutes! Dig in!
What to serve with this sauteed zucchini recipe:
Any protein will go nicely with this side dish.
We also like to serve this alongside my steak bites.
More low carb side zucchini recipes:
This zucchini casserole is so simple and it’s a big hit thanks to the cheese!
I’m partial to this low carb goulash!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced parsley
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet, such as cast iron.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes to soften.
- Add the zucchini and squash to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper, and stir well. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the squash has softened to your liking.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 269mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g