Our Broccoli Cauliflower Salad recipe is the perfect side dish for summer. Loaded with fresh veggies and tossed in a simple, creamy dressing that will have you coming back for seconds.
We grill out most nights when the weather cooperates, so having simple side dishes to compliment our main dish is a must for us.
Back in the day, we ate a lot of pasta salad and potato salad, but I honestly don’t even miss it anymore. We’ve come up with A LOT of creative summer salads over the years and I’m still adding to them.
This Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad is a new favorite. The creamy dressing has just the right amount of sweetness. The broccoli and cauliflower are crisp, cool, and crunchy. And of course we don’t stop there – we mix in sunflower seeds, cubed cheddar, red onion, and crispy fried bacon.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Broccoli – As always, fresh is best! Start with a head or buy the pre-chopped florets in the produce section.
Cauliflower – Same as the broccoli…fresh is best! You don’t want to use frozen veggies in a raw salad.
Cheddar Cheese – We like to cube our cheddar for little chunks of creamy goodness, but you can also shred it if you prefer.
Red Onion – We dice up a red onion. For a more mild flavor, you can soak the diced onion in cold water for 15 minutes and then drain.
Sunflower Seeds – These are going to add a great crunch and flavorful texture to the keto broccoli cauliflower salad. Slivered almonds are also tasty here!
Bacon – Fry it crisp and crumble it. We always have some on hand for recipes like this. I’d recommend checking out this easy, mess free guide on how to air fry bacon!
Mayonnaise – It’s going to add all that creamy flavor that a good cold salad like this is known for!
Sweetener – We use and love Lakanto products. We’re using just a bit of their original sweetener in this recipe to help balance out the flavors.
Vinegar – White distilled vinegar is my favorite, but apple cider vinegar is also a solid choice for this cold salad recipe!
We use Thrive Market for a lot of our specialty ingredients and keto snacks or products. Their prices tend to be cheaper than the local stores and I love that you can so easily sort products by diet.
Like Costco, this is a membership site, but we find that it’s more than worth it based on the amount we save over the regular grocery store.
They have monthly or yearly plans. Check it out here.
- Fresh and flavorful with minimal prep work!
- This dish goes with just about any protein! You can even toss some cubed grilled chicken right into the salad and make it a complete meal.
- This is a healthy take on the classic potato or pasta salad. Everyone loves these types of salads, but you’re skipping all the carbs.
- This one is easy to customize – swap out the cheese, use almonds instead of sunflower seeds, adjust the dressing to be more sweet or more tangy!
How To Make Broccoli Cauliflower Salad:
- Make the Salad – It couldn’t be simpler! Just toss all of the broccoli & cauliflower salad ingredients into a large mixing bowl and give them a quick stir.
- Make the Dressing – Add all of the salad dressing ingredients to a small bowl and give it a good whisk to combine until the dressing is smooth and creamy!
- Combine & Chill: Pour the creamy dressing over the top of the broccoli cauliflower salad, stir well to coat everything, and then cover it and pop it all in the fridge for a couple of hours. We like to chill this to really let the dressing soak into the veggies. It makes for a more flavorful salad.
What to serve with Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad:
Storage & Leftovers:
This keto salad recipe will keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days, but do keep in mind that both broccoli and cauliflower tend to have stronger smells the longer they sit. Cover tightly.
This never deters us, as the broccoli and cauliflower salad is absolutely delicious, even days later.
Frozen vegetables tend to be a bit mushy after thawing. We highly recommend using fresh broccoli and cauliflower in this recipe.
Our recipe for broccoli cauliflower salad has 10g carbs per serving with 4g of fiber. This works out to a total of 6 net carbs per serving.
More Keto Summer Salads:
- Italian Cauliflower Salad
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Keto Green Bean Salad
- Avocado Salad Dressing
- Keto Cucumber Salad
- Cauliflower Potato Salad
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 ounces cheddar, cubed
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, cheddar, sunflower seeds, red onion, and bacon to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the mayonnaise, sweetener, vinegar, and salt to a small bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
We use and recommend Lakanto Sweetener in all of our low carb recipes. It has zero effect on blood glucose levels and it tastes like real sugar. Use code THATLOWCARBLIFE for 20% off your order at Lakanto.com.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 343Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 1252mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.