Loaded radishes are soft and tender and loaded up with cheddar, bacon, and green onions. This low carb side dish will quickly become a favorite.
I have a thing for ‘loaded’ recipes. Cheddar, bacon, green onions, sour cream or ranch – those all make EVERYTHING better, if you ask me. This time around, I’m making pan-fried radishes even more amazing by adding those goodies.
Have you tried cooked radishes yet? They’re surprisingly good and I really hope you’ll give them a try if you haven’t yet.
Radishes lose their bite when you cook them and they soften up and become really juicy.
They’re definitely not a potato, but when you pan fry or roast them, they are closer than you’d expect to being potato-y. They never take on that fluffy, starchy potato texture, but the flavor is similar.
How to make loaded radishes:
To start, you’ll want to quarter your radishes.
Add them to a hot skillet along with some avocado oil and season them up with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook the radishes for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are fork tender.
The longer you cook them, the softer they’ll get. Once the radishes are cooked to your liking, turn the heat off and top them off with a big handful of freshly grated cheddar cheese.
Cover the pan to let the cheese melt. Once the cheese has melted, sprinkle on some fried and crumbled bacon and top it off with some chopped green onions. Such a simple low carb side dish and oh so good! Even my kiddos will eat radishes when they’re cooked!
What to serve with these loaded radishes:
Low Carb Pulled Pork: One of the easiest slow cooker recipes and the pork is so tender and flavorful!
Steak Bites: Always a favorite in our house and perfect for those busy nights when you forgot to marinate your steak!
Spinach Stuffed Chicken: This chicken is a big hit with everyone that tries it!
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings: Another slow cooker favorite in my family! The easy BBQ sauce will surprise you! More low carb side dish recipes:
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon: Simple and delicious!
Broccoli Casserole: This one is for the cheese lovers out there!
Cauliflower Casserole: Another one that’s loaded with cheddar, bacon, and green onions! Also a good option if you’re craving potatoes.
German Cucumber Salad: Light, refreshing, and beyond simple.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 ½ pounds radishes quartered
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the radishes to the skillet and sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to coat radishes in seasoning.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until radishes have softened and browned in spots, about 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and top the radishes with the cheddar and bacon. Cover the pan and let sit for 2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.
Tips & Notes: