Low carb pulled pork in the crockpot! This simple recipe is perfectly seasoned and cooks with a can of beer in the slow cooker.
I mentioned a few days ago that my husband bought me a smoker for my birthday this year.
And here I am…showing you how to make pulled pork in a crockpot. Ha! It’s just two things – 1. I’m not sure how many of you actually have a smoker and would want a recipe for that (tell me if you do!) and 2. crockpot pulled pork is actually super delicious and so dang easy.
So today you get this keto pulled pork in the slow cooker! Lucky you!
Obviously, traditional sandwich buns are out for serving this pork if you’re low carb, so get creative!
We often eat this beer pulled pork over a pile of my keto coleslaw. It’s also good on salad with ranch dressing or fathead pizza.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pork Shoulder – This cut of pork gets turned into tender, juicy magic after slow cooking in some beer! You can use bone-in or boneless, though we usually opt for boneless here. Using the crockpot to make low carb pulled pork is a foolproof method for making flavorful, tender pulled pork.
Beer – It’s going to add all the moisture needed for the slow cooking so that the pork doesn’t dry out plus some flavor. Use your favorite low carb beer or swap for chicken broth. A can of diet coke will work as well.
Seasoning – A simple mix of some garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, paprika, and parsley is all that’s needed. For a sweeter rub, add your favorite brown sugar substitute.
- It’s beyond easy to toss a pork shoulder in the crockpot! It turns out tender and shreddable every time.
- This method is foolproof – the pork is hard to overcook in a slow cooker.
- We use beer in this recipe, but you could also use diet coke or chicken broth. You’ve got options!
How To Make Keto Pulled Pork:
Season – Start by placing your pork shoulder in a crockpot.
Stir together some cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, parsley, and paprika and rub it all over the pork to coat.
Beer – Pour your favorite low carb beer into the bottom of the slow cooker. This doesn’t have a strong beer flavor at all, but feel free to use chicken broth if you prefer. A can of diet coke will add a bit of sweetness, if you’d rather go that route.
Slow Cook – Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. The meat is done when it easily shreds apart with a fork. Shred the meat and stir it around in the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker before serving.
What Readers are Saying!
“I made this yesterday, with the beer, Bud Light, and it was so good! I just need to make some coleslaw with it to really kick it up. I didn’t add any sauce to it either. It would good coming straight out the broth made.” – Robin
This keto pulled pork is a total favorite in my house. It’s seasoned really well and so tender.
We like to shred this up and serve it over a pile of our keto coleslaw. It also goes great on our keto hamburger buns or sandwiched between two chaffles.
You definitely don’t want to skip a drizzle of our tangy mustard BBQ sauce. It just works perfectly with the richness of the pork.
Not a fan of mustard? We’re still perfecting our traditional BBQ sauce recipe, but Sweet Baby Ray’s makes a fabulous sugar free version. It’s made with allulose, which is a natural sweetener that tastes like sugar.
If you haven’t made pulled pork in the crockpot before, you need to give it a try!
You may use any type of beer you like, but do look for one that’s low in carbs. Miller Light is an easy to find option.
I’m using pork shoulder to make this slow cooker pulled pork. You could also use pork butt, which is similar but has a bit more fat in it. Either one will get perfectly tender and juicy when slow cooked in the crockpot with some beer!
This keto pulled pork can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days in an airtight container. Leftover pulled pork reheats well and is great for use in other recipes! You can also freeze it in a freezer safe bag for up to a few months.
More Recipes You Might Like:
- Hasselback Chicken Fajitas: You won’t even miss the tortillas.
- BBQ Meatball Recipe: Hello, football food!
- Frittata Muffins: I eat these warm or cold for breakfast and snacks!
- Baked Lemon Pepper Wings: Perfect for gatherings or make it a meal!
- Air Fryer Smoked Sausage: So easy to make and great for snacking!
Low Carb Pulled Pork
- 3 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ cup beer
- Add the pork shoulder to a large slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, stir together the parsley, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and paprika. Rub mixture into the pork being sure to coat all sides.
- Pour the beer into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Pork is ready when it easily shreds with a fork.
- Shred the pork and stir the meat into the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to eat.
Leave a Review