These keto lil smokies are made with a sweet and savory seasoning, wrapped in bacon, and baked until perfectly crispy. Perfect for serving up during the game or for holiday parties!
We love party food and snacks in this house and it’s always my mission to serve up low carb foods that people don’t even realize are low carb. Nothing feels better than setting out a low carb spread in front of a bunch carb lovers and watching the food disappear and people ask for recipes!
These Keto Lil Smokies are one of those recipes that are universally loved! We could have kept it simple and just wrapped little sausages in bacon, but we like to add flavor, so we tossed it all in a sweet mixture that has just a little kick! These Keto Lil Smokies are the perfect snack, if you ask me!
We like to serve these with our keto ranch dressing or some keto cheese sauce for dipping. Of course, they’re totally delicious on their own, but who doesn’t love a dip? 😉
A few other game day and party favorites that are always a hit with friends and family are our Lemon Pepper Wings, Keto Sausage Balls, and our Keto Jalapeno Poppers.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lil Smokies Sausages – These are also known as cocktail sausages and most grocery stores will carry them. They’re mini smoked sausages and come in a few varieties. Any variety you like is fine, but look for a serving size of 5 with a carb count of 2.
Bacon – For wrapping the sausages. I’d recommend using thin sliced bacon as it will cook through and crisp up better than thick cut bacon.
Sweetener – Use your favorite brand of brown sugar substitute. Lakanto or Swerve both work well.
Seasoning – Along with the sweetener you’ll need some chili powder, cracked pepper, and ground mustard!
We use Thrive Market for a lot of our specialty ingredients and keto snacks or products. Their prices tend to be cheaper than the local stores and I love that you can so easily sort products by diet.
Like Costco, this is a membership site, but we find that it’s more than worth it based on the amount we save over the regular grocery store.
They have monthly or yearly plans. Check it out here.
- Bacon wrapped lil smokies are so easy to make and everyone loves them!
- These are fun to serve with a variety of dips, such as ranch, cheese sauce, or BBQ sauce.
- You can easily double this recipe to feed a crowd!
How To Cook Little Smokies:
- Prepare – To get started you’ll preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a sheet pan with some foil. Drain any liquid from the package of Lil Smokies and pat each sausage dry with a paper towel. Drying the sausages will help them crisp up in the oven.
- Bacon – Cut each of the slices of bacon into thirds and wrap each sausage with a piece of the bacon. The sausages aren’t big so it won’t take much bacon. Secure the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Seasoning – To prepare the sweet and savory seasoning you’ll add the brown sugar substitute, chili powder, pepper, and ground mustard to a ziptop bag and shake it until well combined! Add about 5 to 10 of the sausages to the bag and shake to coat them in the seasoning. Arrange them in an even layer on the sheet pan and repeat with the remaining sausages and seasoning.
- Bake – Once you’ve finished preparing the cocktail sausages with the seasoning place the sheet pan in the oven and bake uncovered for 35 minutes, or until the bacon has cooked through! If you want to crisp the bacon up even more place the sheet pan under your broiler for one to two minutes. Just watch it closely or the sweetener will burn!
- Serve – These little sausages are perfect for gatherings! Serve them up at your next party, game day gathering, or holiday event. They’ll go quick and your guests won’t even know these are low carb!
The sweetener is going to leave a mess behind on your pan! Be sure to line your pan with foil for easy clean up.
We like to serve our Keto Lil Smokies with a variety of dips. They’re delicious on their own, but who doesn’t like a dip?
Try dipping these in:
Lil Smokies are another name for cocktail sausages, or cocktail weenies. There are a few different brands you can commonly find, like Hillshire or Eckrich.
If you somehow don’t eat every last one of these addictive little sausages then you can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. They’ll last for about 2 to 3 days! Reheat in the oven or air fryer for best results.
More Keto Party Food:
- Keto Mozzarella Sticks
- Keto Pigs in a Blanket
- Air Fryer Smoked Sausage
- Keto Onion Rings
- Pickle de Gallo
- Crock Pot Chicken Wings
- Loaded Deviled Eggs
Keto Lil Smokies
These Keto Lil Smokies make the perfect party snack or game day food! Wrapped in bacon and tossed in a sweet spicy seasoning mix!
- 14 ounces Lil Smokies sausages
- 1 pound bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil and spritz with non-stick spray.
- Drain the package of Lil Smokies and pat each sausage dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the bacon into thirds and wrap each sausage in a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Add the brown sugar substitute, chili powder, pepper, and mustard to a ziptop bag and shake to combine.
- Add 5-10 sausages to the bag and shake to coat in the seasoning. Arrange sausages in an even layer on the prepared pan and repeat with remaining sausages.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bacon is cooked through. Crisp bacon even more by turning on the broiler for 1-2 minutes after cooking, but keep a close eye so as not to burn the sweetener.
The sweetener will make a bit of a mess on the pan as it melts and caramelizes. Be sure to line your pan with foil for easy clean up.
We calculated the nutrition in this recipe based off a package of Lil Smokies with 2g carbs per 5 links and a zero carb sweetener.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 987mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 14g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
Leave a Review