This Keto Blue Cheese Dressing is a thick, creamy and boldly flavorful dressing that goes great with some crispy chicken wings or on a salad!
I’ve been working on mastering the ultimate chicken wing dinner and this keto blue cheese dressing right here is a pretty key recipe to have on hand for the next time you make our baked chicken wings!
Now, it’s not much of a secret that I’m a ranch girl through and through. Blue cheese just isn’t my personal favorite. But! I learned very quickly that if I was going to serve wings to friends and family, there better be some blue cheese dressing to go with them!
I recruited their help to taste this recipe into blue cheese dressing perfection and here we are! Super creamy and thick enough to stand up to a chicken wing, but perfect for using as a salad dressing too!
Base Ingredients – We’re using a mix of sour cream, mayonnaise, and almond milk to make the creamy base for this recipe.
Blue Cheese – You’ll mash the blue cheese into the dressing for a smooth consistency.
Lemon Juice – A little acid makes everything pop.
Seasoning – Keep it simple with some salt, garlic powder, and freshly minced parsley. You can add in other herbs such as dill or chives, if you like.
- So much better and fresher than the bottled stuff!
- Easy to adjust to suit your tastes by adding more herbs, more cheese, or extra lemon juice.
- Serving a salad with homemade dressing always impresses guests!
- Simple ingredients that you likely have on hand.
- Creamy Cheese – To start this blue cheese dressing recipe add the mayonnaise, sour cream, and crumbled blue cheese to a small mixing bowl. Next you’ll stir that together with a fork while also mashing the crumbled blue cheese to work all that flavor into the creamy dressing. Mash less for a thicker consistency or just stir extra blue cheese crumbles in at the end.
- Mix – Stir in the remaining ingredients and give it a taste. Adjust the seasoning as needed. Adjust the texture by adding more almond milk to thin it out.
- Serve & Store – Once you’ve finished preparing the blue cheese dressing you can serve it up with something savory like some crispy chicken wings or drizzle it over salad. You can store the dressing in the refrigerator for up to a week. I’d recommend using a small mason jar to keep it fresh.
If you’d like a thicker dip, skip the almond milk altogether and check to see if it’s the right consistency. You can always stir a bit in to thin it out as needed.
This dressing will last in the refrigerator for up to a week.
You can use either heavy whipping cream or regular cow’s milk in place of the almond milk. Cow’s milk will have more carbs, but because we use such a small amount, it won’t change the carb count much. Water will also work, so long as you don’t add too much.
Any type of blue cheese may be used here. Use your favorite, such as Gorgonzola or Roquefort, and it’ll be delicious in this dressing.
More Low Carb Dressing Recipes!
- Best Ever Ranch Dressing
- Southwestern Avocado Salad Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Homemade Italian Dressing
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, more depending on desired thickness
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Mash together the mayonnaise, sour cream, and blue cheese.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, adding extra almond milk as needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Stir well to combine and taste for seasoning. Adjust as desired.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Use any type of blue cheese you like. Gorgonzola and Roquefort both work well here.
As written this dressing is a bit on the thicker side, making it perfect for dipping veggies or chicken wings. To thin it out, add almond milk 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.