Our LOW CARB ALFREDO SAUCE is rich, creamy, and oh so easy! It’s perfect to drizzle over steamed broccoli and seasoned chicken. My kiddos devour this one and no one misses the pasta!
My husband is a total Chicken Alfredo fiend, you guys.
I swear, he would drink Alfredo sauce if he didn’t think I’d judge him for it.
And, okay, let’s be real. I’d drink it too. It’s such a simple little sauce to make (don’t be scared!!) but it packs such a creamy, flavorful punch!
Today, I’m sharing my low carb Alfredo sauce recipe with you and I’m sharing my favorite way to serve it up: over broccoli!
Have you guys caught on that we’re big fans of broccoli in this house?
I feel like most people assume low carbers eat cauliflower all day long and while I definitely do have some cauliflower tricks up my sleeve, it’s broccoli that we come back to again and again. Especially when it’s topped with chicken and drizzled in Alfredo.
Our keto Alfredo sauce is really just the same as traditional Alfredo sauce – there’s no difference other than how we serve it up! This sauce is rich, creamy, smooth, and flavorful.
To make it keto, we skip the pasta and serve the sauce over steamed broccoli.
More Broccoli Favorites:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Keto Alfredo Sauce – The sauce is pretty simple to make but it is loaded with flavor! Heavy cream, butter, garlic, salt, pepper, and of course lots of shredded Parmesan are what make this homemade alfredo sauce taste so great. Be sure to use shredded Parmesan and not the grated powdery stuff in the green can!
Chicken & Broccoli – If you need something keto friendly to serve this sauce over then try fresh steamed broccoli and thin sliced seasoned chicken breasts. The perfect combo!
How To Make Keto Chicken Alfredo:
- Make the Chicken: Season up your chicken breasts with a mixture of paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simple, but flavorful! Heat a large skillet with a bit of oil and then drop in your chicken. Cook through.
- Steam the Broccoli: While the chicken is cooking, start the broccoli. You’ll want to steam it until it’s tender-crisp.
- Make the Alfredo Sauce: Heat the cream, butter, and garlic in a small sauce pan until the butter has melted and the cream is hot. Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan. Keep stirring until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
“This was delicious! Added 1 T. of cream cheese to the sauce, but otherwise followed it exactly. 5/5 kids approved! (And want me to make it again!).” – Kari
Yes! Traditional Alfredo sauce is naturally low carb and keto friendly, because it’s just a mixture of butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese. The sauce you’ll find at most popular restaurants often do contain flour, so double check if you’re not making it yourself.
Alfredo Sauce is best served fresh. The sauce tends to separate as it sets and cools. If you must save this for later, store tightly covered in the fridge and reheat on the stove over low heat, whisking constantly. You may need to add additional cream to bring the mixture together as it reheats.
One batch of our Alfredo sauce has 5 total carbs, breaking down to just over 1 carb per serving.
More low carb chicken recipes:
Lemon Chicken: Made with a simple creamy sauce and loads of garlic!
Chicken Stuffed Peppers: These have a chicken parmesan vibe going on!
Chicken Casserole: Low carb comfort food!
Chicken Drumsticks: Everyone’s favorite chicken recipe and the kids love it!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 1 pound thin sliced chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 16 ounces broccoli
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- Sprikle the salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder evenly over both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil.
- When oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, steam the broccoli on the stove or in the microwave until as tender as you'd like.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and add the cream, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper. Whisk constantly until the butter is melted and the mixture comes to a slow simmer.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded Parmesan. Whisk until the cheese melts fully and the sauce is smooth.
- To serve, divide the broccoli between four plates and top with chicken. Drizzle with sauce.
Alfredo sauce is best eaten right after preparation. It does not store or reheat well.
Nutrtition information is based on the sauce, broccoli, and chicken. The carb count on just the sauce will be much lower.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 32gSodium: 672mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 33g