CAULIFLOWER RISOTTO comes out perfectly cream like a traditional risotto without all of the carbs. This makes a great side dish for just about any protein and it’s ready in about 20 minutes.
One of the things I love about living a low carb life is the challenge of recreating old favorites into healthy dishes.
Traditional risotto is tasty, for sure. It’s also full of carbs and not always the best option for those trying to lose or maintain their weight.
Plus, it’s a whole lot easier and less involved than the traditional version, which we think is a big win in our house!
How to make cauliflower rice risotto:
This recipe starts by sauteing shallots and garlic in butter. You could also use a finely minced onion, if you don’t have shallots on hand.
Next, add in your riced cauliflower.
For the riced cauliflower, you can either add cauliflower florets to a food processor and blitz until crumbled into rice-sized pieces, or you can chop it finely with a sharp knife.
Many grocery stores sell cauliflower rice in the fresh produce section. I do not recommend using frozen cauliflower rice for this recipe.
Once the cauliflower rice has softened a bit, add in some heavy cream and Parmesan and salt and pepper.
This all cooks together for about 5 minutes – the mixture will be thick, creamy, and ready to devour.
Want another tasty cauliflower rice recipe? These keto lettuce wraps are so dang good!
What to serve with cauliflower risotto:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 16 ounces riced cauliflower, about 1 head
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cream, Parmesan, salt, and pepper and stir well. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is tender and mixture is thick and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 717mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.