Our Low Carb Ham Casserole starts with leftover ham, cauliflower rice, and broccoli. Total comfort food, but it’s packed with veggies, is naturally low carb, and makes a healthy dinner the whole family loves.
Am I the only one that could literally eat casseroles every day and never get tired of them?
I get so tired of a chunk of meat and a couple of side dishes for dinner. It seems so much easier to get creative and make new things when you turn them into a casserole! Plus, casseroles are the perfect way to use up leftovers!
This keto ham and cheese casserole is my favorite thing to make with leftover ham from Easter or any holiday. It’s loaded with veggies, but it tastes like comfort food.
Leftover ham casserole:
This recipe is great with leftover ham, which I seem to have on hand often. Ham is a great low carb dinner and we make it often – it’s not just a holiday thing in my house!
If you don’t have leftover ham you can purchase the little bag of diced ham to use for this. Either will work fine!
Riced Cauliflower – There is no need to get fancy here, you can use a bag of frozen cauliflower rice from the store when making this ham casserole with cauliflower rice! It makes for a super quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe. Fresh cauliflower rice also works well!
Broccoli – We prefer the taste and texture of fresh broccoli, but frozen would likely work as well.
Diced Ham – As previously mentioned you can either use leftover ham if you have some or just buy the pre-diced kind from the store!
Casserole Filling – You’re going to need something to hold all that broccoli, cauliflower, and ham together in this casserole! I like cheesy casseroles the best so a couple eggs and plenty of grated cheddar cheese should do the trick. Some salt, pepper, garlic powder, and mustard powder are all you need for seasoning.
- It’s the perfect way to use up that leftover ham!
- This casserole is ready in no time and makes for a perfectly simple weeknight dinner.
- We love cheesy casseroles and this one has plenty of cheddar. It goes really well with the ham and broccoli!
How To Make Ham and Cheese Casserole:
- Steam – The base of this low carb ham and cheese casserole starts with cauliflower rice! Steam or microwave your cauliflower rice and the broccoli florets. Pre-cooking the veggies before they go into the casserole means that things won’t get overly watery and will cook perfectly in the oven.
- Mix – Add your cooked cauliflower rice and broccoli to a large mixing bowl along with the diced ham, shredded cheddar, eggs, some mustard powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Once you’ve got all the ingredients into the mixing bowl stir it up until the low carb casserole filling is well combined!
- Assemble – Pop the casserole into a 9×13 baking dish and spreading it out in an even layer. Top it off with a bit of shredded cheddar.
- Bake – All that’s left to do now is pop the baking dish into the oven. This bakes up in a 350 degree oven in just 30 minutes! What comes out is a delicious, cheesy ham casserole that’s packed with veggies and flavor. It’s an easy family weeknight recipe that everyone can enjoy!
You can keep this baked low carb casserole well covered in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days and it can be reheated in the oven or microwave.
We prefer this made fresh for the best flavor and texture on the veggies, but this can be made ahead if needed.
More Low Carb Pork Recipes:
- Pork Tenderloin: It’s flavored with garlic butter. Make this. 😉
- Fried Cabbage and Sausage: This dinner comes together in no time and it’s always a hit.
- Air Fryer Boneless Pork Chops: This simple air fryer recipe makes perfectly cooked juicy and tender boneless pork chops!
- Zucchini Pizza Boats: If you’re craving pizza, you’ve got to try these zucchini boats!
- Keto Pulled Pork: I cook this one in the slow cooker and top it off with my mustard BBQ sauce.
- Low Carb Sheet Pan Pork & Veggies: This easy sheet pan recipe has juicy pork tenderloin and fresh veggies!
Ham Casserole with Cauliflower Rice
Ham and Cheese Casseroles takes comfort food and makes it healthy! Such a hit with our kids too.
- 16 ounces frozen riced cauliflower
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 2 cups diced ham
- 3 cups grated cheddar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the frozen cauliflower according to package directions.
- Add the broccoli to a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes. Remove the plastic carefully and drain the liquid from the bowl.
- Add the cooked cauliflower rice to the broccoli along with the ham, 2 1/2 cups cheddar, egg, and spices. Stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture into 9x13 baking dish and sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
We like to use frozen riced cauliflower and fresh broccoli florets in this recipe, but frozen or fresh work for both. We use the microwave to cook the veggies, but you can also steam on the stove.
You may use leftover ham or buy the packages of pre-diced ham at the store for this casserole.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 1228mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 21g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
This ham and cheese casserole was originally published in September 2018. It was updated with new photos in April 2022.
Leave a Review