This GREEK CAULIFLOWER RICE is a riff on my all time favorite rice recipe. The pop of lemon brightens up the cauliflower rice just perfectly. This makes a great side dish, but we also like to make Greek power bowls with this recipe.
Not too long ago I discovered a recipe for chicken souvlaki that rocked my world.
That chicken is so flavorful and juicy that I’ve been making it weekly for months now.
This Greek cauliflower rice is the absolute perfect thing to serve alongside it!
The cauliflower rice tastes so fresh and flavorful thanks to the fresh lemon and the Greek seasoning adds a ton of flavor. I could eat this cauliflower rice every day and never get tired of it!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Heat oil in a skillet and then add in the cauliflower rice and chopped onions. Cook this for about 3 minutes and then stir in some Greek seasoning and garlic.
I absolutely love Cavender’s Greek Seasoning. It’s one of my favorite seasoning blends and we sprinkle it on pork chops or chicken before grilling, mix it in ground chicken to make burgers, and it’s even good on roasted veggies.
Cover the rice and let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes.
Just before serving you’ll squeeze a lemon over the rice and sprinkle in some fresh parsley.
So. Much. Flavor!
Fresh vs. Frozen Cauliflower Rice:
When it comes to vegetables, I’m a bit of a snob and I ALWAYS think fresh is best.
Frozen veggies just turn out mushy and weird, in my opinion.
If you want to use frozen cauliflower rice in this recipe, it will work, it just won’t have the same texture as fresh.
Most grocery stores carry riced cauliflower (often called cauliflower pearls or cauliflower crumbles) in the produce section, but if not, just pop cauliflower florets in a food process and buzz them around until you have rice like pieces.
More low carb side dish recipes:
- Keto Broccoli Casserole
- Zucchini Casserole
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Keto Broccoli Salad
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Greek Cauliflower Rice
This cauliflower rice recipe tastes like my favorite Greek recipe, thanks to the fresh lemon and Greek seasoning. It's so simple, but it really brings in a lot of flavor. We like to serve this with grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 head cauliflower, about 4 cups riced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Chop the cauliflower into florets and add to a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse until you have small rice-sized pieces. Alternately, finely chop the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces with a sharp knife.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the cauliflower and onions to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and Greek seasoning and stir to combine.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the cauliflower is as soft as you'd like.
- Remove cauliflower from the heat and squeeze the lemon over the cauliflower.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
We recommend fresh cauliflower for this recipe, rather than frozen. Most grocery stores sell riced cauliflower in the produce section.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 857mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
Leave a Review