These low carb fried deviled eggs are a crunchy twist on the classic deviled egg and they’re so easy! The Parmesan coating adds a great crunch to deviled eggs.
There are loads of recipes out there for deep fried deviled eggs that have the whites coated in bread crumbs and then deep fried. I’m sure those are delicious, but I’m sharing a low carb twist on the deep fried deviled egg with you today. You’re going to love it.
Someone in my Facebook support group (you should join us!) posted a photo of her deviled eggs cooked this way and I knew I had to experiment myself!I could eat deviled eggs every day of my life and never tire of them. Especially my keto deviled eggs that are stuffed with cheddar and bacon.
Add a crunchy coating and OH YES. So good!
How to make fried deviled eggs:
This version of fried deviled eggs is beyond simple, because there is no deep frying. This isn’t much more complicated than making a regular deviled egg, but let’s start there.
Boil your eggs, peel, and slice in half.
Add the yolks, mayo, mustard, dill, and salt to a mixing bowl and mash together until mostly smooth.
Spoon that mixture into the egg whites and then smash the tops of the eggs into shredded Parmesan cheese.
Now, we’re going to fry those eggs!
Heat up a skillet over medium heat and add in a tablespoon of butter.
Once the butter is melted and hot, add your eggs to the skillet, cheese side facing down.
Cook until the cheese is golden brown and crisp.
That’s it, friends!
You can eat these as they are, or you can whip up a simple little dip of mayo and stone ground mustard. The eggs are already deviled so the dip isn’t really necessary, but I never turn down dip. 😉
I think you’ll love these eggs, especially if you already like those Parmesan cheese ‘crackers’. They have the same vibe going on.
More low carb egg recipes to try:
Deviled Egg Salad: Obsessed with the flavors going on here!
Jalapeno Deviled Eggs: If you like jalapeno poppers, try this version!
Green Olive Deviled Eggs: Olive lovers only, please!
Avocado Egg Salad: This one keeps me full all day!
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Avocado spray
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Slice the eggs in half and remove the yolks to a small bowl. Set whites aside.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, dill, and salt to the bowl with the yolks and stir well to combine, mashing the yolks as you stir. When the mixture is mostly smooth, spoon it evenly into the egg whites. Spray the deviled eggs lightly with avocado spray or any non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the Parmesan on a plate and press the tops of the eggs into the Parmesan to coat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add one tablespoon of butter. Once the butter has melted and coated the pan, add half of the eggs, cheese side down, to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until the cheese is golden and crisp. Carefully remove the eggs to a serving tray.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the skillet and fry the remaining eggs.
- Serve immediately.
To make a dip for the eggs, add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and 2 tablespoons of stone ground mustard to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 egg
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 105mg Sodium: 220mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 6g