This KETO CABBAGE CASSEROLE is rich, hearty, and cheesy! Made with ground beef, canned tomatoes, cheddar, and cabbage, it’s an easy weeknight meal that’s ready in about half an hour.
You may have noticed by now that I’m a sucker for a cheesy casserole.
There is just something about a warm bowl of cheesy comfort food that I can not resist.
Also, I live in the Midwest (born and raised!) and casseroles are a whole thing out here. 😉
This cabbage casserole recipe is so simple, hearty, and filling.
Plus, it has just enough cheese and ground beef that the kids love it too! I love when the kids are on board with my low carb dinners – makes life so much easier!
Start by browning up a pound of ground beef.
Once you’ve got the meat crumbled up, stir in some onion and garlic and let those cook until softened.
Stir in chopped cabbage, canned diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Season it up with an Italian seasoning blend, salt, and pepper.
You’ll want to cover this and let it cook for about 15 minutes so the cabbage gets good and soft.
Turn the heat off, top with some shredded cheddar, and then put the lid back on to let that cheese get all gooey and melty.
We like to garnish this with fresh parsley just before serving.
This meal is so hearty and satisfying.
The cabbage softens up nicely and the whole dish is nice and cheesy.
You could use mozzarella instead of cheddar if you prefer, but we love the taste of cheddar in this recipe.
This recipe serves 6. We did not measure the servings by volume or weight. We just divided it evenly into 6 portions.
Each serving contains 333 calories, 19 grams of fat, and 7 net carbs.
The full nutrition information is down in the recipe card.
More low carb casserole recipes:
- Keto Breakfast Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Philly Cheesesteak Casserole
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Spinach Casserole
Cheesy Cabbage Casserole
This KETO CABBAGE CASSEROLE is rich, hearty, and cheesy! Made with ground beef, canned tomatoes, cheddar, and cabbage, it's an easy weeknight meal that's ready in about half an hour.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- Minced parsley, for garnish
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat and brown, crumbling the meat as it cooks.
- When meat is about halfway cooked through, add the onion and garlic to the skillet and continue cooking until beef is cooked through.
- Add the cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt to the skillet and stir well to combine. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until cabbage has softened to your liking.
- Remove from the heat, top with the cheese, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley before serving.
You may swap the cheddar for mozzarella or any other cheese you prefer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 1237mgCarbohydrates: 11gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 30g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
Leave a Review