These TACO STUFFED MINI PEPPERS are the perfect appetizer or snack! Mini sweet peppers are stuffed with a cheesy, creamy taco filling and topped off with cheese before baking. Simple and delicious!
I’m a total sucker for all things taco.
I often get teased by my family over my undying love of Mexican food.
Sometimes I play this little game where I serve Mexican at every meal until my husband finally tells me he’s had enough. I like to see how long he’ll go before he breaks. Haha!
How to make taco stuffed peppers:
To start, you’ll want to slice a pound of mini sweet peppers in half and then use a spoon to scrape the seeds and membranes out.
Next, whip up your filling.
Brown some ground beef in a skillet and drain the fat. Stir in some taco seasoning, diced tomatoes with chiles, cream cheese, a little hot sauce, and some shredded cheese.
Stir that all up until it’s thick, creamy, cheesy, and melty.
Spoon the filling into the prepared peppers and pop them in a 9×13 baking dish.
Sprinkle with a little more cheese and then pop it all in the oven.
We like to bake these for just 10 minutes or so. It’s just long enough to melt the cheese and warm the peppers without softening them.
We like the sweet crunch of the peppers and how easy they are to pick up and eat – very reminiscent of nachos! And who doesn’t love nachos?
Finish it all off with a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. A drizzle of sour cream or more hot sauce would be good too!
These stuffed mini peppers are totally easy and they’re a hit at any party. You can serve them hot or at room temperature and they’re delicious either way.
Like I said, who doesn’t love a taco?!
Are these taco stuffed mini peppers spicy?
I don’t consider these to be all that spicy, but it’s easy to increase or decrease to suit your tastes!
Ro-Tel comes in an original, mild, and hot version so buy according to your tastes. I use the original version and find it has the perfect level of spice.
I use Cholula hot sauce in this recipe, which I think has amazing flavor without a ton of heat. Use your favorite Mexican hot sauce for this recipe and add as much or as little as you like.
More Mexican inspired recipes:
- Low Carb Tamale Pie
- Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
- Keto Taco Casserole
- Keto Taco Soup
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10 ounces canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated cheddar, divided
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack, divided
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each pepper in half and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and membranes. Discard the seeds and membranes and place peppers in a 9x13 baking dish, cut side up.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the beef, crumbling it as it cooks, until cooked through. Drain the beef and return to the skillet.
- Add the taco seasoning, diced tomatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of cheddar, 1/2 cup of Monterey jack, and hot sauce to the skillet and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the cheese has melted and everything is combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly between the peppers.
- Top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes to warm everything through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
The peppers will still be crunchy after just 10 minutes in the oven, which makes them easy to pick up and eat with your hands like nachos. For softer peppers, cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition information is based on 8 servings, which is around 4 pepper halves per person, depending on the size of your peppers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 319 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 717mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 22g