These creamy Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops are pan seared and covered in a rich, creamy sauce! Decadent, flavorful, and so simple to make in about 20 minutes!
Pork chops are one of our go-to cuts of meat. So simple to make, super versatile, and always a hit with my whole family.
We sear these boneless chops in a cast iron skillet and then whip up a creamy sauce in the same skillet. It only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish and you won’t have a sink full of dishes at the end either. Love that!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the pork chops:
Pork Chops – You’ll need four boneless pork loin chops, about 5 to 6 ounces for each. Any type of pork chop should work well here, just adjust the cook time accordingly.
Seasoning – A simple mix of garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and cracked pepper will add some flavor to the pork while searing it.
Olive Oil – For cooking the pork chops.
For the garlic parmesan sauce:
Butter – The creamy and savory sauce for these smothered pork chops starts with some melted butter for cooking the garlic and onion!
Garlic & Onion – Sautéing freshly minced garlic and chopped onion is an easy way to add extra flavor to the creamy garlic Parmesan sauce.
Spinach – Some freshly chopped spinach tastes so good mixed in with this sauce plus it’ll add a nice nutritious boost!
Dairy – We’ll make a rich, decadent sauce by stirring in heavy cream, cream cheese, and Parmesan.
Salt & Pepper – More or less to taste.
- Pork chops are a flavorful but budget friendly cut of meat that is perfect for weeknight dinners!
- The garlic Parmesan sauce is so rich and creamy which makes for a nice keto fat friendly recipe.
Step By Step Instructions:
- Season – To begin preparing the pork chops you’ll want to season them well on all sides with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Feel free to mix in any other seasonings you might like.
- Sear – Heat up a large skillet over medium heat and add some olive oil. When it is hot add the pork chops and fry them up on both sides for 4 to 5 minutes or until they have cooked through to a safe temp. Set those aside on a plate while you make the sauce.
- Saute – After removing the pork chops from the skillet add in the butter and melt it over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until softened and then add the spinach and garlic. Let the spinach wilt.
- Sauce – Now to turn this into a creamy garlic Parmesan sauce! Add the heavy cream and cream cheese to the skillet and cook over medium low heat, whisking constantly, until the cream cheese has melted. Stir in the shredded Parmesan and continue whisking until it forms a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Finish – Pop the pork chops back into the pan with the sauce and rewarm them before serving!
I love using this meat thermometer for making sure the meat is fully cooked! Easy for beginners & absolutely worth the low cost. Just stick it in the thickest part of the meat to check for doneness. This thermometer is also magnetic so it’s easy to store right on the side of the fridge or oven for easy access! Get it on Amazon.
If you’ve got thicker cut pork chops you may want to tenderize them a bit with a meat mallet since we aren’t using a marinade in this recipe. Pounding the meat with a mallet breaks down the muscle fiber and makes for a more tender finished product.
If you have garlic Parmesan pork chops you can keep them stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days. The sauce will likely thicken up more when refrigerating, but will thin a bit upon reheating.
What Temperature Are Pork Chops Done?
While pork is considered “the other white meat,” it does not need to be cooked to the same temperature as chicken to be safe to eat.
According to the USDA, pork chops are safe to eat once they’ve reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees. We test this with a meat thermometer (our favorite is linked above).
MORE KETO PORK CHOP RECIPES!
- Bacon Wrapped Pork Chops
- Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
- Dijon Pork Chops
- Breaded Baked Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Pork Chops & Broccoli
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Pork Chops
For the pork chops:
- 4 boneless pork loin chops about 5-6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the pork chops:
- Season the pork chops on all sides with the garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the pork chops and cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes each or until cooked through.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and set aside.
To make the sauce:
- Using the same pan you cooked the pork chops in, add the butter and melt over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add the spinach to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes, until wilted.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more, until fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and cream cheese to the pan and cook over medium low heat, whisking constantly, until the cream cheese has melted and the sauce is hot. Stir in the Parmesan and continue whisking until you have a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper, to taste. We used about ½ teaspoon of each.
- Return the pork chops to the pan and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes to rewarm the pork chops.