Our Keto White Chicken Chili is rich and creamy, cooks in the crockpot, and is the perfect meal on a cold day. With just 7 net carbs per bowl, this recipe is low carb, full of flavor, and perfect for serving up to friends and family.
I’ve got quite a thing for slow cooker soups going here. I just love how easy they are and my family always gobbles them.
We like soup all year round – they’re warming and comforting in the winter, but they can be light and simple in the summer. I’m curious to hear if you guys eat soup all year round too?
This keto white chicken chili recipe is one of those recipes that we’ll eat any time of year and the best part is that my entire family loves it and has no idea that it’s low carb or part of my ‘diet.’ It’s just a regular meal to them and I love when that happens.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken – We prefer white meat in this recipe, but you can use chicken thighs in place of breasts if you prefer. We start with fresh, not frozen.
Peppers & Onion – We’re using green bell pepper, minced jalapeno, and a can of diced green chiles to add plenty of flavor to this low carb white chicken chili. We’ll also toss in some diced onion.
Garlic – Three cloves of minced garlic, because we love garlic!
Cumin – An essential spice in pretty much every good chili recipe!
Chicken Broth – The chicken and veggies will slow cook in some chicken broth with the spicy jalapeno and chiles so you know there is going to be lots of flavor in that chicken!
Cream Cheese & Heavy Cream – These will get mixed in after you’ve slow cooked the chicken and veggies. It’ll all melt together to make the creamy white chili sauce!
“This was delish!! A keeper for sure…” – Helen
Slow Cooker – We’re loving the GreenPan Slow Cooker. It can slow cook, roast, saute, and steam foods all in one. My favorite part is that it doesn’t contain PFAS, PFOA, lead, or cadmium for clean cooking.
Sharp Knife: Chopping veggies is a breeze with this knife. I have quite a collection of good knives, but this is the one I grab most often – a true favorite.
How To Make White Chicken Chili:
- Prepare – This is a super simple recipe that you toss in your crockpot and forget about until dinner time. <– Assuming you can forget about it with all the delicious smells coming from the kitchen. 😉
- Add some chicken breasts, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, green chiles, garlic, and cumin to a slow cooker. Pour in some chicken broth and give it a little stir.
- Slow Cook – Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours or until your chicken shreds easily. It’s important to remember that every slow cooker cooks differently – some run hotter than others and cook times will vary. Shred the chicken into small bits.
- Creamy Sauce – Add the softened cream cheese and heavy cream to the pot. It can be helpful to get the cream cheese very soft and almost melted in the microwave before adding to the soup. It will prevent it from clumping in the hot liquid. Stir well until everything is incorporated, cover, and cook on high for another 30 minutes.
- Serve – Your soup is ready to devour! We like to serve our creamy white chicken chili with slices of avocado, jalapeno, and loads of cilantro. A dollop of sour cream on top is nice too!
It has a nice little kick to it, but it was mild enough for my kiddos to eat without complaint. If you’re concerned, reduce the jalapeno to half or leave it out entirely. The canned green chiles add a great flavor and you can buy them in both mild and hot varieties, so don’t skip them!
You can keep this keto chili recipe stored in an airtight container, covered dish, or even mason jars in the refrigerator for about 3 to 4 days. You can also freeze it! I’d transfer it to a freezer safe bag first and it should last for up to 3 months.
More Keto Soup Recipes:
- Cheeseburger Soup: Probably my favorite soup of all time!
- Cauliflower Soup: I roast the cauliflower first for extra flavor!
- Crockpot Cabbage Soup: Hearty and filling!
- Crack Chicken Soup: Yes, it’s that addictive!
- Keto Taco Soup: All the taco flavor without all the carbs!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Avocado, sour cream, cilantro, for topping
- Add the chicken, bell pepper, jalapeno, onion, green chiles, garlic, cumin, and chicken broth a 6 quart slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours or until the chicken easily shreds with a fork. Shred the meat.
- Add the softened cream cheese and heavy cream to the slow cooker and stir well until the cream cheese has melted.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Stir well before serving. Serve with avocado, sour cream, and cilantro, as desired.
The softer the cream cheese is the quicker and better it will melt into the soup. Use the microwave to soften until it's nearly fully melted.
We did not measure the soup by volume. We just divide evenly into 6 servings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 117mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 10gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.