Crockpot cabbage soup with beef is one of those easy dinners that you can toss in the crockpot on a busy day! It’s so warm and comforting and the cabbage makes it very filling.
I’m curious how many of you use your slow cooker year round. I know it has a reputation for being a ‘winter’ appliance, but we use ours quite a bit in the summer too. It saves us from heating up the kitchen and it’s convenient no matter what the weather is like. 😉
We love using our crockpot!
This crockpot cabbage soup is packed with beef, cabbage, celery, onion, and I even threw in a carrot! Yes – a carrot, on a low carb diet.
Don’t freak out about the single carrot in this giant pot of soup – it adds a little pop of color and flavor and I literally just used one carrot throughout the whole pot of soup.
You can definitely leave the carrot out, but it only adds less than 1g net carb per serving, so I think it’s super worth it for that vibrant color and little pop of sweetness. 🙂
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cabbage – You’ll need one head of cabbage, chopped into small chunks.
Ground Beef – I used lean ground beef in this keto cabbage soup recipe but you could also try it with other types of ground meat, like chicken or turkey! And if you want to make this soup even heartier, try using cubed beef stew meat instead of ground beef.
Broth – Beef broth adds a nice savory flavor.
Veggies – In addition to the chopped cabbage you’ll also add in some chopped onion, celery, carrot, and minced garlic.
Seasoning – Italian seasoning is a nice, classic flavor for this soup but feel free to experiment with other seasoning blends.
- Easy to toss in the crockpot and set it and forget it.
- This soup is fairly light, but still nice and filling.
- Easy to customize with other cuts of beef or types of meat.
How To Make Cabbage Soup With Beef:
- Beef – Brown the beef and onion in a skillet. Drain and then add to the crockpot.
- Veggies – Add the cabbage, celery, onion, carrot, and garlic to the pot.
- Broth – Pour the beef broth over the veggies and give it a stir.
- Cook – Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
You can store this keto cabbage soup with beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days. Be sure to let it come to room temperature before storing!
Yes, you can freeze this cabbage soup recipe for up to two to three months. Let it cool completely before transferring to a freezer safe container. The texture of the cabbage and veggies will not be quite the same as when it is fresh though.
More Low Carb Soup Recipes To Try:
Cheeseburger Soup: My kids LOVE this one!
Taco Soup: You can make this one in your Instant Pot or slow cooker!
Roasted Cauliflower Soup: Roasting the cauliflower first adds loads of flavor!
Zuppa Toscana: Everyone’s favorite soup and they won’t even realize it’s low carb!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown the beef in a medium skillet over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks, until mostly cooked through.
- Add the onion to the beef and continue cooking until meat is completely cooked through.
- Drain the grease and add the beef and onion to a 5 quart crockpot.
- Add the celery, carrot, garlic, cabbage, beef broth, Italian seasoning, and salt to the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
Carrots are generally not found in low carb recipes, but 1 carrot divided among 6 servings adds less than 1 additional net carb per serving. You may omit as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 1181mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
Want To Save This Recipe?
This recipe was originally published in February 2019. It was updated with new photos in June 2022. Origional