This creamy and cheesy keto taco soup is loaded with flavor from lots of seasoned ground beef, cream cheese, and RoTel tomatoes with chilies! Just a handful of ingredients but this soup packs in big flavors!
As the cook in this house, soup season might just be my favorite! There’s not much easier than tossing a bunch of ingredients in a pot and letting the magic happen, right?
This keto taco soup is one of those super simple soups that packs in loads of big flavors, is a hit with the whole family (hello, who doesn’t love the flavor of tacos??), is great for meal prep, and is easy to double or triple!
We have a low carb taco soup that is a huge hit readers, but don’t mistake these for the same thing. That one is made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot, is made with chicken, and is just quite different from this one!
Like our much loved keto chili, this one uses simple ingredients and cooks quickly, making a really hearty and satisfying soup for any night of the week.
Beef – I prefer to cook with a lean beef, usually 93/7 or 90/10. If you’re using a fattier beef, you’ll want to drain off the excess fat.
Taco Seasoning – Our keto taco seasoning is so simple and really is the best, but you can use a packet if you’re in a hurry.
Dairy – This is a creamy and cheesy taco soup so you’ll need some cream cheese as well as some heavy cream.
RoTel – These tomatoes with chilies add the perfect spicy flavor to this keto taco soup. It comes in a few varieties too, like mild if you don’t like it too spicy.
It’s one of those low carb recipes that you won’t even notice is low carb! With all that creamy cheese and seasoned meat, this taco soup recipe is filling and flavorful. It’s also pretty easy to put together and is something the whole family can enjoy! Plus, it reheats well for lunch the next day!
- Beef: To get started you’ll prepare the ground beef and onion. It’s easiest to cook it in the same pot that you’ll be preparing the soup in and it adds flavor, so use a deep saucepan or Dutch oven to brown the beef and onion. Drain the grease when it has browned through, if needed.
- Seasoning: Next up you can get all that wonderful taco flavor in there! Add your keto taco seasoning along with the cream cheese to the pot and stir it together over low heat until the cheese has melted and the seasoning is well mixed with the beef and onion.
- Finish Up: You can now start adding in the remaining ingredients to the cheesy taco meat mixture. Pour in the beef broth, the heavy cream, and add in the cans of RoTel. Mix all that up and then let the keto taco soup cook for 15 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Serve: Ladle your soup into a bowl and top with your favorite taco toppings!
A bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner, but everyone knows the toppings for the soup are what really makes it special! Here are a few ideas for topping off your keto taco soup just the way you like it:
- Shredded Cheddar
- Sliced Avocado
- Diced Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Slices
- Lime Wedges
Slow Cooker Instructions:
While we haven’t made this taco soup in the crockpot before, it would be very simple to do! Brown the beef and onion and everything except for the cream cheese and cream to the crockpot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours and stir in the cream cheese and heavy cream about 30 minutes to an hour before serving.
This keto taco soup recipe should last for 4-5 days if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. We have not tried freezing this soup.
Our keto taco soup is made with low carb ingredients like beef, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Each serving has 8 total carbs and 1 gram of fiber.
More Low Carb Taco Recipes:
Keto Taco Soup
Rich, creamy, and loaded with taco flavors! A bowl of this soup is so filling and cozy and the whole family loves it.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons keto taco seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cans (10.5 ounces each) Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Chiles
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Add the beef and onion to a sauce pan or dutch oven and cook, crumbling the beef as it browns. Drain the grease.
- Add the taco seasoning and cream cheese to the beef mixture and stir well over low heat until the beef is coated in the seasoning and the cream cheese has fully melted.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with shredded cheddar, avocado, and lime wedges, if desired.
Use mild Rotel for a less spicy soup. As is, this isn't super spicy, but might be too much for little ones
We like to top our soup with cheddar, avocado, and diced tomatoes. More topping ideas above in the blog post.
We did not measure this by volume - we just equally divide the soup into 6 portions. Nutrition is based off 6 equal sized servings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 701mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
Leave a Review