This KETO PUMPKIN PIE starts with a traditional pie filling, but skips the crust! It gets topped off with a simple low carb streusel topping that you won’t be able to resist!
I’m not going to lie…I think pumpkin pie is a breakfast food.
I mean, sure, it’s good after a turkey dinner. But it is REALLY good first thing in the morning, cold from the fridge.
You don’t have to eat pie for breakfast to love this keto pumpkin pie though. It’s the perfect low carb holiday dessert and I think you’ll love the thick, creamy pumpkin pie filling topped off with the simple streusel.
This is a crustless pumpkin pie, partially because I didn’t feel like messing with a pie crust and partially because I don’t actually super love pie crust. I’m here for the pumpkin pie filling, friends!
Without the crust, though, I knew I’d want a little extra magic happening.
Oh, hello streusel. You’re always the man for the job. 😉
You guys are going to love this easy low carb pumpkin pie!
Keto Pumpkin Pie Ingredient Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pure Pumpkin Puree – Make sure you get the 100% pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling! We like the canned stuff best, because it’s nice and thick. Homemade pumpkin puree may also work, but be sure to get all the excess liquid out.
Pumpkin Pie Spice – If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can use 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon cloves in it’s place.
Sweetener – The sweetener I use and recommend is Lakanto Monkfruit. It swaps 1:1 for sugar and doesn’t have any funky aftertaste. I love it! Use code THATLOWCARBLIFE for 20% off your entire order from Lakanto!
Streusel Topping Ingredient Notes:
Pecans – The chopped pecans will add just the perfect amount of crunch to the streusel topping.
Sweetener – You’ll need a brown sugar substitute for this sweet streusel topping. This Lakanto Golden Monkfruit sweetener will work perfectly!
“Made this tonight for a dinner party with three non keto eaters and they loved it! Simple recipe with easy to follow instructions and it came out perfectly! Thank you so much…will definitely be making this for Thanksgiving!” – Fran
How To Make Pumpkin Pie:
- Make the Pumpkin Pie Filling: You might think there is some big secret to making a crustless pumpkin pie, but there really isn’t! Pumpkin pie is so nice and thick and firm on it’s own that it holds together quite well even without a crust! I use this avocado oil spray to spray my pie plate before filling, just to be safe. My keto pumpkin pie filling starts with a can of 100% pure pumpkin. I also add in a couple of eggs, some sweetener, heavy cream, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk the filling well until it is smooth!
- Bake the Pie: Now for the easy part! Just pour the pumpkin pie filling into the prepared pie plate and you can start baking. It’ll take about 45 minutes for this crustless pumpkin pie to finish baking. The filling should still be somewhat jiggly, and you will finish baking it after making the streusel topping in the next step!
How To Make Low Carb Streusel:
- Is there any dessert that can’t be made better by streusel? I think not! This low carb streusel is quite easy. Just stir together some almond flour, pecans, coconut flour, cinnamon, and melted butter. The sweet and crumbly streusel topping is exactly what this keto pumpkin pie needs!
- Pull your pie from the oven at the 45 minute mark and then top it off with the streusel. Your pie will be mostly set at this point, so the streusel won’t sink into the custard. Return the pie to the oven for 15-20 minutes to finish baking. When finished, allow it to cool on the counter for 15 minutes before transferring to the fridge to cool completely, about 3 hours.
Pumpkin pie spice is super convenient to keep on hand, but it’s easy to make your own! It’s just a mix of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. To make your own, combine 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon cloves. This will make enough pumpkin pie spice for this recipe. Feel free to make a larger batch for future uses!
Pumpkin pie is a custard-based pie and it does need to stay refrigerated. Cover tightly and store in the fridge for up to 4 days. We like to eat it cold, straight from the fridge!
This is a grain free and gluten free pumpkin pie! If you’re not watching carbs and just looking for a gluten free pumpkin pie, feel free to use real sugar in place of the sweeteners called for. The recipe will turn out just as good, though the nutrition information will be different, of course.
MORE LOW CARB PUMPKIN RECIPES!
Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake: These mini cheesecakes are so decadent!
Pumpkin Chaffles: There is no better way to wake up!
Keto Pumpkin Ice Cream: This looks so good!
Keto Pumpkin Mousse: This keto pumpkin mousse is thick, sweet, and creamy. It’ll satisfy any sweet tooth!
Pumpkin Noatmeal: The perfect low carb pumpkin flavored breakfast dish!
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
For the filling:
- 1 can (15 ounces ) pure pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup sweetener, such as monkfruit
- 1 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar substitute, such as monkfruit
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the filling ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Spray a 9 inch standard plate with non-stick spray. Pour filling into pie plate.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Filling will still be somewhat jiggly.
- Add the topping ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the pie and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on the counter for 1 hour before transferring to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 3 hours.
If you don't have pumpkin pie spice, you may use 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon cloves in it's place.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 95mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 9gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.