KETO LASAGNA tastes like the real deal without all of those carbs! The ‘noodles’ are actually layers of deli meat, making this low carb lasagna super easy to assemble.
It’s a whole thing.
People FIGHT over lasagna…everyone has their special family recipe and how dare someone make it the WRONG way?!
Well, I’m going to risk your Italian grandma shouting at me here, because I just can’t not share this keto lasagna with you!
No noodles in this guy! Instead, we’re using deli meat…sounds strange, but just trust me!
I saw the idea for using deli meat in one of the many Facebook groups I’m in, so I can’t take credit for this genius idea. The recipe itself is one I created, but the idea to use deli meat came from someone more clever than me. 😉
Speaking of Facebook groups, have you joined mine yet? Everyone is so kind and supportive and there’s so many recipes shared each day. Join here!
How to make low carb lasagna:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This recipe really comes together like a traditional lasagna with the exception of the noodles.
Just brown some beef and onion in a skillet. Stir in your favorite marinara.
I use and recommend Rao’s Marinara. It has no added sugars and the flavor is literally the best of any jarred sauce I’ve tried.
Next, you’ll want to whip up the creamy ricotta layer. (Yes, you can use cottage cheese if you prefer, but it will change the macros.)
Stir together ricotta, Parmesan, egg, parsley, garlic, and salt.
Start layering your lasagna, just like you would a traditional lasagna. Sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce, noodles, cheese, sauce, cheese. <—Easy peasy.
Keto lasagna noodles:
What could be simpler than using deli chicken (or turkey!) in place of lasagna noodles?
The deli meat doesn’t add a ton of flavor and it holds together pretty well.
There will be a bit more liquid in your lasagna, since the deli meat doesn’t soak it up quite the same as traditional noodles would.
The true test: What did my picky husband and kids think?
They LOVED this low carb lasagna!
My son didn’t realize he wasn’t eating regular lasagna, but my husband and daughter knew something different was going on. They all said it tasted amazing and would 100% eat it again. This dish is now on rotation in our house!
Of course, you can’t have lasagna without a side salad! Top it off with my low carb salad dressing!
More low carb Italian inspired recipes:
My keto chicken Alfredo is a hit with the husband and kids.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup minced onion
- 24 ounces marinara sauce, such as Rao’s
- 8 ounces chicken deli meat
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a skillet over medium heat. Crumble the meat as it cooks. Once meat is about halfway through cooking, add the onion and continue cooking until meat is cooked through. Drain grease and return to the pan.
- Add the marinara to the beef and stir to combine. Spoon 1 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish to coat the bottom.
- Place a single layer of deli meat over the meat sauce.
- Add the ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan, garlic, and parsley to a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread 1/2 of the ricotta mixture over the deli meat. Top with a ⅓ of the remaining meat sauce. Top with ⅓ of the mozzarella. Repeat layer once.
- Create a third layer of deli meat, meat sauce, and mozzarella.
- Cover dish tightly with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Let set 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Sprinkle with additional parsely before serving, if desired.
The nutrition information is based on 6 servings. This is very hearty and filling and could easily serve 8 with a side salad and some veggies. Macros based on 8 servings would be 382 cal, 25g fat, 31g protein, 6g carbs, 1g fiber, and 5 net carbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per ServingCalories 509Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gCholesterol 105mgSodium 783mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 5gProtein 41g