KETO EGG ROLL IN A BOWL is our family’s answer to take-out! It’s ready in minutes, packs in a ton of flavor, and it’s good for you, too!
My husband loooooves Asian food.
It’s probably the hardest part about sticking to a low carb diet for him.
Well…that and cookies. The man REALLY likes cookies too. 😉
You’ve probably seen various versions of this floating around the internet.
We often make this sausage egg roll in a bowl, but this chicken version is my personal favorite. It’s hard to go wrong with chicken – everyone loves it!
How to make:
This recipe comes together super quickly!
Start by browning some ground chicken and then stir in a package of coleslaw mix.
You’ll want to season this up with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.
Cook this for just a few minutes to soften up the cabbage and then push it all off to the side and crack in a few eggs.
True story: Egg rolls are named egg rolls because of the wrapper – not because there are eggs in the filling! So, the eggs here aren’t super traditional, but it’s a nice way to up the protein and stretch this dish even further.
Scramble the eggs and then stir everything back together. I like to give this a little taste and make sure the seasoning is where I want it before stirring in some green onions and drizzling it with a little sesame oil.
A dash or two of more of soy sauce really amps up the flavor and, if you like it spicy, drizzle on a little sriracha or stir in some sambal oelek.
A bit of fish sauce amps up the flavor too and gives it a deeper savory vibe. So good, if you have fish sauce on hand.
This dish is ready in just 15 minutes and it’s a real crowd pleaser around here!
Serve it up with a side of my cauliflower chicken fried rice.
More low carb Asian recipes:
Keto Lettuce Wraps: My kiddos love these!
Low Carb Stir Fry: Made with chicken!
Low Carb Kung Pao Chicken: Looks amazing!
Keto Stir Fry: Made with beef!
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- sriracha, for serving
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the skillet and then add the chicken, crumbling the meat as it cooks.
- When the chicken is cooked through, add the coleslaw, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes to soften the cabbage.
- Press the cabbage mixture over to the side of the skillet and add the remaining teaspoon of oil to the empty portion of the skillet. Crack in the eggs. Scramble the eggs until cooked through. Stir the eggs into the cabbage mixture.
- Stir in the green onions and drizzle with the sesame oil.
- Serve with a drizzle of sriracha, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per ServingCalories 348Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 261mgSodium 622mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 34g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.