Ham and asparagus quiche in muffin form! These little breakfast bites are perfect for meal prep, they’re great served hot, cold, or at room temperature, and they’re easy to grab and go.
Breakfast seems to be a big struggle for a lot of us who are following a low carb diet.
Honestly, I think people just get sick and tired of eating the same old scrambled eggs day after day.
I get you, although I do LOVE me some scrambled eggs – especially with a bit of whipped cream cheese tossed in at the last minute. So amazing.
I like having breakfasts on hand for busy mornings though and these little ham and asparagus quiche bites are perfect for that! We like them both hot and cold, so they work even if you don’t have a second to pop them in the microwave. Just dig right in!
How to make ham and asparagus quiche muffins:
To start, chop up some fresh asparagus into bite sized pieces and pop it in a little bowl with a bit of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and pop this in the microwave. We’re just going to lightly cook the asparagus to soften it up a bit.
Next, you’ll want to whisk together some fresh eggs and heavy cream with a bit of salt and pepper.
Once that mixture is combined, stir in some diced ham, grated swiss cheese, and the steamed asparagus.
Pour the mixture evenly between 8 muffin wells and pop this in the oven for 20 minutes.
As I said, these are delicious served hot or cold. I’ve been known to grab them straight from the fridge for a quick snack many times.
They’re so filling and they’re packed with flavor thanks to the ham, swiss, and asparagus.
It’s hard to go wrong with these little egg bites!
More low carb breakfast recipes:
Low Carb Breakfast Casserole: Another great make ahead option!
Frittata Muffins: Made with bacon and broccoli!
Fried Radishes: These are the perfect swap for breakfast potatoes!
Low Carb Protein Shake: Would you believe it tastes like a Frosty?!
- 1 cup chopped asparagus
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- Add the asparagus to a small bowl along with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Let set for 2 minutes before carefully removing the plastic wrap. Drain water from the bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl until well combined.
- Stir the asparagus, cheddar, and ham into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture evenly between 8 muffin wells, being sure to get the asparagus, ham, and cheese evenly dispersed throughout.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the eggs are set and the edges are pulling away from the muffin tin.
- Cool for 5 minutes before running a knife around the edges of the muffins and removing.
- Serve warm or cold, as desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 166mgSodium 282mgCarbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 11g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.