Breakfast casserole with ham makes the perfect hearty low carb breakfast! Use leftover ham or start with a package of diced ham and enjoy this easy breakfast casserole!
Breakfast casserole is a whole big thing in my house! Probably because my husband is straight up obsessed with breakfast.
I like a good breakfast casserole because they’re usually easy to whip up and can often be made the night before.
He likes breakfast casseroles because they’re usually full of things like ham, sausage, and bacon. The man loves him some pork products. 😉
This breakfast casserole with ham is super simple to toss together and tastes amazing. We serve it up on the regular and I bet you will too!
How to make low carb breakfast casserole:
First up, we’re going to add a dozen eggs to a large mixing bowl along with some heavy cream or milk, depending on your preferences. I like to add in a couple dashes of hot sauce too.
Whisk that all up.
Dump in some diced ham, fried and crumbled bacon, some minced onion, and diced green chiles. You’ll also want a couple handfuls of grated cheddar and a little salt and pepper.
Stir everything up to combine and then pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
This will bake up in a hot oven in just about 35-40 minutes. The edges should start turning a little brown and the center should be set.
We like to serve this with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped green onions. This restaurant style salsa also makes a great topping!
More low carb favorites:
Broccoli Salad: Always a hit and perfect for a big holiday meal!
Chicken Casserole: It’s bursting with veggies!
Fathead Pizza: We have pizza night almost every week!
Deviled Eggs with Bacon: Bacon really does make everything better!
Breakfast Casserole with Ham
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 pound cubed ham
- 6 slices bacon fried and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1/2 onion diced
- 4 ounces canned mild green chiles diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl and add the milk and hot sauce. Whisk together until well combined.
- Stir in the ham, bacon, cheddar, onion, chiles, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs are set and edges are golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before slicing and serving.