Our Keto Cheeseburger Soup with Bacon has all the flavors of my favorite burger but it’s perfect for chilly nights and so filling! My family devours this low carb soup recipe and I bet yours will too!
I’m all about a big juicy burger and this keto bacon cheeseburger soup totally delivers on all those flavors, all wrapped up in a bowl of soup.
This soup recipe is really easy to throw together and it’s really big on flavor and very filling. Ready in less than an hour, hearty and cheesy, and perfect for a chilly night. We’re obsessed.
My husband tends to be a little skeptical of soups because he doesn’t think they’ll fill him up, but this one does the trick. When he hears the words bacon cheeseburger soup, he’s all in!
Same goes for our keto taco soup. It’s just as easy, loaded with taco flavor, and perfect for a cool night – or anytime a taco craving hits!
We make this bacon cheeseburger soup on the stove. It takesa bout 15 minutes of hands on time and then the soup just simmers away for 20 or so minutes, until you’re ready to dig in!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ground Beef – You can use either lean ground beef or a fattier blend, you’ll drain the grease after browning the meat either way.
Garlic & Onion – A must for any good soup recipe!
Diced Tomatoes – Keep things simple and just use a can of diced tomatoes here! No need to drain the tomatoes.
Beef Broth – Use a good quality beef broth or stock as the base of your soup.
Worcestershire Sauce – It doesn’t take much of this to add lots of savory flavor to just about any recipe. It really enhances the taste of this cheeseburger soup! Some brands have added sugar but they are mostly all still low carb.
Seasoning – You’ll add in some seasoned salt, mustard powder, dried dill, and minced parsley.
Heavy Cream – This will help to thicken up the soup and it’ll add even more of that great creamy flavor.
Cheese – To get all that cheesy flavor into this keto cheeseburger soup you’ll add in cream cheese and grated cheddar cheese!
Toppings- We like to top our soup with crumbled bacon (hello, it’s bacon cheeseburger soup!), shredded cheddar, and diced tomatoes and/or dill pickles. Check out this easy air fryer bacon recipe! It’s a great way to prepare bacon.
We use Thrive Market for a lot of our specialty ingredients and keto snacks or products. Their prices tend to be cheaper than the local stores and I love that you can so easily sort products by diet.
Like Costco, this is a membership site, but we find that it’s more than worth it based on the amount we save over the regular grocery store.
They have monthly or yearly plans. Check it out here.
- This is the perfect way to get all those cheeseburger flavors without actually eating a cheeseburger! This is a very savory, rich, and filling soup.
- Avoiding red meat? Try this with ground turkey!
- The topping options are endless – whatever you like on your burger would be tasty sprinkled over the top of your soup. Yes, even dill pickles!
How To Make Keto CheeseburgerSoup:
- Ground Beef – First, we’re going to start by browning some ground beef. Add in some onions and garlic, because you really can’t make soup without onion and garlic, right? I just brown the beef right in the Dutch oven to keep things easy. Drain the grease when the beef has browned through!
- Broth & Seasoning – Next you’ll add in some beef broth and a can of diced tomatoes. I always season my burgers with Worcestershire sauce, so I added a couple tablespoons to this soup too. We’ll also season the soup with parsley, mustard powder, and seasoned salt. If you like a little spice, add in some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper! Let the soup simmer for at least 20 or more minutes. The longer the soup simmers the more the flavors will develop, but if you’re in a hurry 20 minutes is just fine.
- Creamy Goodness – When the soup has finished simmering you’ll whisk in some cream cheese, heavy cream, and shredded cheddar until everything is melted and creamy. This will help give the soup some body and a nice creamy, cheesy flavor.
- Finish – To finish this bacon cheeseburger soup recipe you’ll top it with the crumbled bacon and some extra shredded cheddar cheese! You could also top it off with some diced pickles or fresh tomatoes, if you liked. So good! You’d never know this was a low carb recipe, which means it’s the sort that the whole family will enjoy!
Toppings for Bacon Cheeseburger Soup:
We love to lay out an array of toppings for this soup. Keeps dinner fun and the family loves to customize their bowl of soup. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Diced Tomatoes
- Crumbled Bacon
- Shredded Cheddar
- Diced Pickles
- Croutons (for those not watching their carbs)
- Diced Onion
You can keep this cheeseburger soup in the fridge for 3 to 4 days if it is covered. You can reheat it on the stove. It might even taste better on the second day! This is a great recipe for leftovers.
Yep! This recipe will freeze pretty well. It’s probably best stored in a freezer safe bag or other container. Let it thaw completely before reheating.
MORE KETO BEEF RECIPES!
- Keto Goulash: Oh yes, you can make it without the macaroni!
- Crock Pot Roast: Nothing more comforting than a roast!
- Air Fryer Fajitas: Enjoy these easy steak fajitas with a low carb tortilla!
- Steak Bites: My super flavorful steak marinade with the best steak sauce ever!
- Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls: Such a simple recipe!
- Spaghetti Squash Casserole: I couldn’t believe how much my family loved this one!
Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
Low carb bacon cheesebuger soup! So much flavor in this soup!
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ½ cups beef broth
- 14.5 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic to a large pot and brown the beef over medium heat, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain grease.
- Add the beef broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, dill, mustard powder, seasoned salt, and seasoned salt to the pot and stir. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese, grated cheddar, and heavy cream to the pot and whisk well until the cheeses have melted and the soup has thickened slightly.
- Ladle soup between 6 serving bowls and top with crumbled bacon.
Dill pickles, crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar, and diced tomatoes are all delicious crumbled on top of this soup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 bowls Serving Size: 1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 608Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 171mgSodium: 1427mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 36g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.
This recipe was originally published in January 2019. It was updated with new photos in February 2023.
Leave a Review