This SALSA VERDE CHICKEN is one of the easiest low carb dinners you can make! The salsa verde adds loads of flavor and the chicken turns out juicy and moist every time.
Busy weeknights are one of the biggest risks for sticking to that low carb life, if you ask me.
We’re busy. We’re hungry. We maybe don’t have a plan.
And then we eat garbage.
Can you relate?
I think it’s super helpful to have a meal plan for the week so that I don’t fall into that trap, but even then…things come up and I sometimes find myself struggling with what to cook for dinner.
This baked salsa verde chicken is an easy option and I seem to always have a jar of salsa verde in the pantry, a package of chicken breasts, and you know my cheese drawer is fully stocked. 😉
Season the chicken breasts with a mix of garlic salt, chili powder, and cumin and place them in a baking dish with about a half cup of salsa verde in the bottom.
Pour another cup of salsa verde over the chicken breasts and pop the dish in the oven, uncovered.
About 5 minutes before the chicken is done baking, top it all off with some pepperjack cheese.
If you’d prefer a milder cheese, feel free to substitute with Monterey jack or cheddar.
What brand of salsa verde:
If I don’t already have this roasted tomatillo salsa in the fridge (we make it often – so good!), then I just seek out a store bought version that is low in carbs and sugar free.
The Herdez salsa verde is a go to in our house and you can find it any grocery store.
More low carb chicken recipes:
- Keto Chicken Thighs
- Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Bruschetta Chicken
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Roasted Chicken Breast
Follow me on social for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
- 4 chicken breasts, about 6 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 ½ cups salsa verde
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Season the chicken with the garlic salt, chili powder, and cumin.
- Pour ½ cup of salsa verde in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish and spread to coat the bottom.
- Place the chicken on top of the salsa. Pour the remaining salsa verde over the top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the top of the chicken with the cheese. Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1162mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 22g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information is accurate.